Windows 10: Frozen PC unusable

Discus and support Frozen PC unusable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot use my PC. It is booting OK but nothing can be run. There is an endlessly rotating busy circle displayed whenever I click an app or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jul 7, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Frozen PC unusable

I cannot use my PC. It is booting OK but nothing can be run. There is an endlessly rotating busy circle displayed whenever I click an app or other file. I have seen this before but it has ended after a short delay, this time it is unending. None of the usual fixes I have such, as Super F4, Kill It All or Explorer Restart are working. I have to close down by using power off. But on reboot it is still frozen. When it happened befor I assumed it was due to insufficient RAM being available but it happens now even when RAM usage is reported as between 50% and 70%, the usual working level.

What is causing this and what can I do about it? I am having to send this from my Android Tablet.

:)

clayto, Jul 7, 2020

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 7, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Frozen PC unusable

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Frozen PC unusable

1. Frozen PC unusable - Similar Threads - Frozen unusable

2. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  3. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  4. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Surface windows 8, frozen in Setup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface windows 8, frozen in Setup screen: Microsoft Surface windows 8, froze during normal use, and then went to setup screen. 1 Pressing Shift+F8 has no effect.2 hard exit by pressing the power for more than 20 seconds has no effect3 Exiting through the menu brings back the same screen. Have not done any manual...
  6. Microsoft Surface windows 8, frozen in Setup screen

Microsoft Surface windows 8, frozen in Setup screen: Microsoft Surface windows 8, froze during normal use, and then went to setup screen. 1 Pressing Shift+F8 has no effect.2 hard exit by pressing the power for more than 20 seconds has no effect3 Exiting through the menu brings back the same screen. Have not done any manual...
  7. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen screen: Bios then save and exit now screen frozen ? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/d8d7f090-7b20-46a2-a5a3-f458aec655c6
  8. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: Bios then save and exit now screen frozen ? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/d8d7f090-7b20-46a2-a5a3-f458aec655c6
  9. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen: We have a domain of about 100 computers and about 30% of them get this blue overlay periodically that does not respond to clicks and makes the computer unusable without drastic measures. Has anyone found a way to get out of this ridiculous screen without rebooting or forcing...