Windows 10: Frozen screen and keeps restarting

Discus and support Frozen screen and keeps restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer randomly started restarting last night. It restarted after about 30 minutes. Then about 10 minutes later it restarts again and had been at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maggie411, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Maggie411 Win User

Frozen screen and keeps restarting

My computer randomly started restarting last night. It restarted after about 30 minutes. Then about 10 minutes later it restarts again and had been at the same black screen saying my system didnt shut down cleanly and all diagnostics are at 100% but it wont move past this screen. Its now been about 12 hours and no changes. This is my work computer and i really need to use it soon.

:)

Maggie411, Nov 27, 2018

2. frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Hcfl Win User

Frozen restart screen

I have Windows 10 on my lap top. I downloaded the recent update for iTunes and after it installed,was asked to restart computer, which has now frozen on the restart screen. What should I do please?

Thema:

1. Frozen screen and keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Frozen screen keeps

2. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen screen: When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/94457f25-a647-4b54-8963-14bce395c2e0
  3. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen screen: When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-screen/94457f25-a647-4b54-8963-14bce395c2e0
  4. Frozen screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frozen Screen: Hi I have an issue where whenever I attempt to turn on my laptop it freezes while booting up and the little boot animation freezes and when I get past that it freezes when I try to log in please help thanks! submitted by /u/YvngPant [link] [comments]...
  6. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  7. SCREEN FROZEN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SCREEN FROZEN: My husband is having a problem with the screen freezing on his Linx tablet. It switches on, he can log in but once the Bing screen appears it freezes. There is no cursor either. We're both Silver Surfers and are not as au fait with technology as most of the members on this...
  8. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: Hi! Please help. My laptop keeps on freezing every time it is idle. Screen will freeze and nothing I can do. So I always force shut down my laptop by holding the power button. Sometimes, when I'm taking piss in the restroom when I check my laptop it's restarting on its own....
  9. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: My screen on my windows 10 is frozen before the welcome screen its jjust a picture of a dessert scene there is no password box nothing to click on at all what can i do...
  10. Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows completely frozen on restart screen.: I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I decided to turn off my internet so that the game would close by itself. Normally when my computer lags I restart it, I decided to...