Windows 10: Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it

Discus and support Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my lenovo laptop screen is black and i can only move around the white arrow but other than that i cant even click on anything, press any key, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jailenesanchez, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it

Hello, my lenovo laptop screen is black and i can only move around the white arrow but other than that i cant even click on anything, press any key, it just wont respond. I even googled some solutions and looked at other responses. I have tried key+P and selected pc only, no response. I tried pressing Shift 5+ to use sticky keys clicked yes, no response. I should mention before the black screen, the screen read something like “your laptop doesnt have enough resources” not too sure but something along those lines, then it went to the black screen. I literally cant click on anything it just will not respond, even tried the old trick of pressing the power button to shut down and restart, it wont even do that. Ahh im so confused, would appreciate some help. Thanks.

:)

Jailenesanchez, Sep 5, 2018

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 5, 2018
  3. frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it

1. Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it - Similar Threads - Frozen screen can’t

2. Can’t log into anything what to do.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log into anything what to do.: I messed around with files and stuff and now my windows account is gone, one remains but I can log into it and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign in” “User profile cannot be loaded” and I have no other options but to sleep shut down or restart. I don’t...
  3. Can’t log into anything what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log into anything what to do.: I messed around with files and stuff and now my windows account is gone, one remains but I can log into it and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign in” “User profile cannot be loaded” and I have no other options but to sleep shut down or restart. I don’t...
  4. Can’t log into anything what to do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN: I have a Lenovo Ideapad3. After finishing gmail I saw an alert in the tray at the bottom. “Windows Updates needed” 4 updates listed. Clicked on Restart Now. When I came back later, Home Screen asked for pin. I tried my fingerprint but that didn’t work. The PIN field would not...
  6. Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN: I have a Lenovo Ideapad3. After finishing gmail I saw an alert in the tray at the bottom. “Windows Updates needed” 4 updates listed. Clicked on Restart Now. When I came back later, Home Screen asked for pin. I tried my fingerprint but that didn’t work. The PIN field would not...
  7. Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it: After installing a windows 10 update today, my computer began crashing every time I tried to play a game. After multiple attempts to try to fix this, I ran a system restore to try and go back to before I installed the updates. This went on for 3 hours before I canceled it and...
  8. Literally can’t do anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Literally can’t do anything.: I need help. Recently, my PC started looping automatic repair mode. No fixes that I found online could fix it so I decided to just factory reset it. After doing this, my PC worked for about an hour and now I literally cannot click on or open anything so I can’t even reset the...
  9. Can't do anything about ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't do anything about ransomware: when i load up Windows defender i only need to prepare for a ransomware attack. but it's not like i can do anything about it, it just tells me to put all my files to Onedrive. How do i fix this??? I just need a way to defend myself from the ransomare isnt there a way i can...
  10. No log in screen / can’t click anything

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No log in screen / can’t click anything: Hi, Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to log in to my laptop. It boots normally, but once I go to the log in screen (by clicking), there’s nothing (not even the three buttons in the bottom right corner, which sometimes appear and sometimes don’t). I also can’t click any...