Windows 10: Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email

Discus and support Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Since i started with thisnew microsoft update my computer has been having problems. I log on and the screen jumps to a Microsoft screen showing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by katetaylor4, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email

Hi

Since i started with thisnew microsoft update my computer has been having problems. I log on and the screen jumps to a Microsoft screen showing me what i can access but the screen has frozen and i cannot access other programs when the Microsoft page appears with the keyboard and starts jumping about - appreciate any advice of how to stop this

Many thanks

:)

katetaylor4, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Telos Win User

Disable Jump List per program?

Is it possible to disable start menu jump lists per program?

For example, I prefer to see a jump list of recent Excel files for ease of access to actively used spreadsheets. However, I prefer not to see jump lists of recent 7z files or media I've opened in PotPlayer.

All I've found is an "all or none" approach to jump list activity. Thanks.

Telos, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Mooch Win User
    Taskbar program Jump List disappears

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom
    of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom row and move the mouse up vertically to access the jump list of that particular program, the jump list
    disappears. It seems to be a focus problem of sorts as if I resize the taskbar back to the default, the issue doesn't happen.

Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email [​IMG]

Mooch, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email

1. Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email - Similar Threads - Frozen screen Microsoft

2. Screen jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen jumping: My screen is jumping around in all applications . Any ideas what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-jumping/46fa0ac8-09f2-4a93-845c-3d503d863721
  3. Screen Jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen Jumping: If you are working on a file that contains a long list and are nearing the middle or end of list when the Win 10 screen jumps up on its own to the top of the list. I have two Win computers and this happens of both machines. I have checked the mice and they are ok!. Since I do...
  4. Frozen Screen

Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  5. Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it

Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it: Hello, my lenovo laptop screen is black and i can only move around the white arrow but other than that i cant even click on anything, press any key, it just wont respond. I even googled some solutions and looked at other responses. I have tried key+P and selected pc only, no...
  6. Cursor jumps about

Cursor jumps about: My cursor jumps about whilst typing I have tried to turn off touch pad on my SONY VGN-FW56E https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cursor-jumps-about/e88dd91d-bae5-4f0b-b405-c0afff423edc
  7. screen jumping about

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen jumping about: my laptop screen keeps jumping about, when I disconnect the power inlet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-jumping-about/29e385c8-4498-4fc8-9cee-3c973254af6c
  8. Surface Pro 3 Jumps from Screen to Screen, Closes Websites, Jumps from program to program,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Pro 3 Jumps from Screen to Screen, Closes Websites, Jumps from program to program,...: I have had my Surface Pro 3 for 3 years. It worked fine until the Windows 10 update in the spring. It would then act on its own. I would be on one website, and suddenly that site would close and Surface Pro would surf through various programs before it finally stopped. I...
  9. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: My screen on my windows 10 is frozen before the welcome screen its jjust a picture of a dessert scene there is no password box nothing to click on at all what can i do...
  10. Program frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program frozen: I downloaded a program on two different PCs (Riffworks). One works fine the other freezes. I recently had to install Windows 10 OS as it had some problems which I couldn't fix but they are still there. Like allowing Adminsistrator privilege which is a nightmare! I have...