Windows 10: Frozen screen

Discus and support Frozen screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eric EQR, May 12, 2022.

1. Eric EQR Win User

Frozen screen

When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

:)

Eric EQR, May 12, 2022

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 12, 2022
  3. frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 12, 2022
  4. Frozen screen

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 12, 2022
Thema:

Frozen screen

1. Frozen screen - Similar Threads - Frozen screen

2. Fix frozen screen when installing windows onto new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix frozen screen when installing windows onto new pc: I get to the windows setup screen where I select the language and then the screen freeze and im not able to use the keyboard or mouse at all. Updated the bios and tried windows 10 and 11 and same problem with both...
  3. Fix frozen screen when installing windows onto new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix frozen screen when installing windows onto new pc: I get to the windows setup screen where I select the language and then the screen freeze and im not able to use the keyboard or mouse at all. Updated the bios and tried windows 10 and 11 and same problem with both...
  4. Fix frozen screen when installing windows onto new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...: Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor, can't shut the computer off completely thr sides still blinking how to fix it please...
  6. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...: Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor, can't shut the computer off completely thr sides still blinking how to fix it please...
  7. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop is frozen on blue screen after restarting after driver updates. Help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is frozen on blue screen after restarting after driver updates. Help needed: My laptop is frozen on a blue screen. It was updating some outdated divers. It requested to restart and I did. It has not restarted despite trying to power down laptop, trying control+alt+delete, control +shift +escape, taking out battery for 60 seconds. It has been frozen...
  9. Laptop is frozen on blue screen after restarting after driver updates. Help needed

Laptop is frozen on blue screen after restarting after driver updates. Help needed: My laptop is frozen on a blue screen. It was updating some outdated divers. It requested to restart and I did. It has not restarted despite trying to power down laptop, trying control+alt+delete, control +shift +escape, taking out battery for 60 seconds. It has been frozen...
  10. Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd noise.: Randomly bumped my desk, and directly after my entire pc caused a screen freezing crash. During said crash there was a really loud noise through my headset, and then suddenly the entire PC just powered off. After such I ran a WhoCrashed.EXE to get a crash file, and was...