Windows 10: Frozen start menu in windows 10.

Discus and support Frozen start menu in windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey folks, Anyone have the problem or fix for a frozen start menu in windows 10, where the alphabetical list of apps and the apps side itself freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donegaljoe, Sep 11, 2018.

1. donegaljoe Win User

Frozen start menu in windows 10.

Hey folks,

Anyone have the problem or fix for a frozen start menu in windows 10, where the alphabetical list of apps and the apps side itself freezes and simply refuses to scroll, and simply locks up.

If I do something else on the computer like open a browsing session in edge, a lot of the time the above problem rectifies itself, so not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas welcome,
    Many Thanks
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Sep 11, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Mech Vivek Win User

Start menu frozen

Start menu often gets frozen.It's not even popping out after the recent flashupdate (Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3144756))offered by you ,unistalled it and reinstalled it.But failed to fix;frozen
    start menu Then tried search and indexing through control panel trouble shooting sfc scanow technique powershell code of registering apps automatic repair on boot,disabling search on taskmanager and restarting Tried opening with disabled antivirus and firewall.Nothing
    workedPlease suggest a fix that will repair the frozen start menu.Mine is a genuine windows 10 single language 64 bit system

Mech Vivek, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Frozen start menu in windows 10. - Similar Threads - Frozen start menu

2. Start menu on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu on windows 10: My start menu disappeared and need to know how to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-menu-on-windows-10/373e90be-cabf-45d6-8879-384287b7f8db
  3. Windows 10 computer frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer frozen: My Windows 10 computer suddenly goes frozen after a few minutes. It is frozen forever and my mouse cannot move. My computer is one year old and it is Lenovo ideapad 300 I am not sure whether it was a Windows 10 update which caused this or whether theres a virus (Im pretty...
  4. start menu on windows 10

start menu on windows 10: start menu not working,trying to run powershell scan but requires windows 10 restart.how can i do this Moved from : Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off...
  5. start menu in windows 10

start menu in windows 10: I just got this little lenovo think pad and it is running windows 10 pro. I am trying to figure out how to add the control panel as well as my pc to the start up screen when I click the icon. (sort of like in windows 7 - so that if were to right click on my pc it gives me...
  6. Frozen start menu & repeated hardware error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen start menu & repeated hardware error: Hi everyone! I've been having two issues for the past few weeks. After a while, (it varies time wise) the start menu and search bar become unresponsive and will no longer open. The only way to make them respond again is to restart; however, this comes with another issue. It...
  7. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...
  8. windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 start menu.: Woke up this morning fired up toshiba laptop, windows started to update as usual. now I can`t use windows start button in left hand corner or access apps or any shortcuts in taskbar. right click on windows icon still opens desktop. is it possible to correct the problem by...
  9. Windows 10 - No start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - No start menu: Ok, so I downloaded windows 10 a few days ago using the media creation tool. Everything has been working great up until this morning. I was watching a movie through VLC and shortly after getting done my laptop wanted to install an update. I ok'd it and it started doing so....
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu: Hello Is it possible to have the right Start menu perma on (not hidding)? *Eek [img] 80560