Windows 10: Frozen start menu in windows 10.

Discus and support Frozen start menu in windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey folks, Anyone have the problem or fix for a frozen start menu in windows 10, where the alphabetical list of apps and the apps side itself freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donegaljoe, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Frozen start menu in windows 10.

Hey folks,

Anyone have the problem or fix for a frozen start menu in windows 10, where the alphabetical list of apps and the apps side itself freezes and simply refuses to scroll, and simply locks up.

If I do something else on the computer like open a browsing session in edge, a lot of the time the above problem rectifies itself, so not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas welcome,
    Many Thanks
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Sep 11, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Frozen start menu in windows 10.

Start menu frozen

Start menu often gets frozen.It's not even popping out after the recent flashupdate (Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3144756))offered by you ,unistalled it and reinstalled it.But failed to fix;frozen
    start menu Then tried search and indexing through control panel trouble shooting sfc scanow technique powershell code of registering apps automatic repair on boot,disabling search on taskmanager and restarting Tried opening with disabled antivirus and firewall.Nothing
    workedPlease suggest a fix that will repair the frozen start menu.Mine is a genuine windows 10 single language 64 bit system

Mech Vivek, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Frozen start menu in windows 10.

1. Frozen start menu in windows 10. - Similar Threads - Frozen start menu

2. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and searchbar is frozen: I'm having issue when I use that start button it won't work, same thing with the search bar. If you try open the photo app it wl close right away.I fixed it by creating a new profile but it will go back eventually. What to do?...
  3. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and searchbar is frozen: I'm having issue when I use that start button it won't work, same thing with the search bar. If you try open the photo app it wl close right away.I fixed it by creating a new profile but it will go back eventually. What to do?...
  4. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Start Menu does not close and remains frozen in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Start Menu does not close and remains frozen in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 Start Menu lets you access all your apps, Windows settings, and files. You can launch the Start Menu by clicking on the Windows icon on the Taskbar. Clicking on the icon again or clicking in the empty space closes the Start menu. Some users are...
  6. Windows 10 frozen screen on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 frozen screen on start up: For the post few days, whenever I want to start up my Windows 10 pc, the screen freezes and refuses to show the password box. Instead it displays the generic background, and clicking anywhere refuses to bring up the password box. I need to wait around 10 minutes or so for the...
  7. Start button frozen

Start button frozen: Windows 10. I am fed up with not being able to close my computer every day using the Start button shut down. The time I have wasted trying many fixes to get the Start button working. All have failed. Like many many others with the same problem I have just about had enough...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  10. Frozen start menu & repeated hardware error

Frozen start menu & repeated hardware error: Hi everyone! I've been having two issues for the past few weeks. After a while, (it varies time wise) the start menu and search bar become unresponsive and will no longer open. The only way to make them respond again is to restart; however, this comes with another issue. It...