Windows 10: Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803

Discus and support Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, as the subject says, I'm getting very frustrated here. I have been attempting to install Windows 10 1803 for months now, unsuccessfully. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joel Fischoff, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803

So, as the subject says, I'm getting very frustrated here. I have been attempting to install Windows 10 1803 for months now, unsuccessfully. I just tried it again, this time with Windows Defender Firewall off (because that's what it took to get my printer drivers reinstalled, which had also been causing me to pull my hair out). No success.

So, I figure I should start all over. I'm hoping that by posting it here, I can get someone to tell me how to give them the information they need to help me do this.

This time, I attempted installing with Update Assistant. Everything happened as it usually does.

I have a laptop running 1709 64-bit. The only things connected via USB are a set of hardware fans and a wireless mouse. I have an external monitor hooked in as well.

The download seems to work fine. I reboot, get the Working on Updates which runs up to about 30%, it reboots again, jumps to 42%, and then the screen stops mirroring to the external monitor. Next, it goes to 52%, then DOWN to 46%, 50%, 52%, etc. Around 75%, the system blue-screens with a Critical Process Died, attempts to recover, blue-screens again, attempts to recover. Eventually, I get back to running fine on 1709. Windows Update says that this time it errored out with 0x80070002, though when I go to look at the intalled update history, it says that it errored out on 0x8024200d today. The previous three times all show 0x800704c7.

If anyone can point me to a log file to give more information, I can provide those, but otherwise, I'm stumped. I really can't afford to pull out any more of what little hair I have left! /-)

:)

Joel Fischoff, Nov 1, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 1, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803

1. Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Frustrated installing 1803

2. Windows 10 Frustration! - Corrupt Again After Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Frustration! - Corrupt Again After Clean Install: So after a lot of problems with Windows 10 breaking down Settings, Store and other apps failed, I decided to do a clean install. After 16 hours of work installing the OS, installing applications from CDS via memory sticks from another computer, personalising the apps etc,...
  3. Frustrated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustrated: submitted by /u/mlgraves [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgrvza/frustrated/
  4. windows 10 frustrations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 frustrations: How do I get full control over windows? I am tired of windows 10 telling me I don't have permission. I want am the only user and an administrator. I want FULL control over my PC. What do I need for full control?...
  5. frustrated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frustrated: I am really frustrated with windows I got many issues so far. one of the most important though which affects my work and I came to discuss here I don't know if anyone can help me and I would be grateful I cannot install apps from anywhere! I ve tried everything even picking...
  6. windows 10 1803 failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 1803 failed to install: windows 10 update 1803 continually fails to install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-1803-failed-to-install/7740516e-a3bc-4e82-bac7-406331fa1733
  7. 1803 Install Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Install Issues Windows 10: I am installing and have 18 packets, or sections installed, how many more are there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/1803-install-issues-windows-10/f4dedd5f-2d25-474d-ad9a-89bb0927f394
  8. Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues: I am experiencing no end of network problems since the roll out of 1803. I like to think of myself as reasonably competent when it comes to networking, but I have been stumped with 2 issues since the release of 1803. I have to ask the question if it ain’t broke why fix it? I...
  9. Window 10 Login frustration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 Login frustration: Hi, Just wondered if anybody can help me with this annoying problem in that every time I start windows it always go to my non existing old email account plus I have forgotten the password. I then have to tell it to go to my current one which is fine. any ideas as to how to...
  10. Windows 10 frustration

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 frustration: I started my computer today and the computer was starting up and a light blue screen popped up titled "Choose an option" Continue-Exit and continue to windows 10 Use another operating system Troubleshoot Turn off PC The only problem is when I get to this screen I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1903 error 0x800704c7