Windows 10: Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.

Discus and support Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new surface pro X and I am really frustrated with why outlook isn't working properly with my gmail account. When I try to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by omairrr, May 11, 2020.

1. omairrr Win User

Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.

I just bought a new surface pro X and I am really frustrated with why outlook isn't working properly with my gmail account.

When I try to set up Gmail on outlook, it automactly sets it up as an IMAP account. Only the emails sync and not the calendar and contacts.

Here's the weired part.
    The Metro Mail/calendar app lets me sync my gmail and the calendar & contacts work on it.

This frustrates me even more. Why is everything syncing on the Metro Mail app but not Outlook?

Another weird issue I am seeing is with scrolling emails in my inbox in outlook. emails dont activity scroll with the little scroll button on the bar.

:)

omairrr, May 11, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, May 11, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid I have no further suggestions as I use Outlook 365 and there G-mail works without issue.

Hope you find a solution. Peace.

sygnus21, May 11, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail. - Similar Threads - Frustrated Outlook 365

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Outlook and gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  4. Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.: I just bought a new surface pro X and I am really frustrated with why outlook isn't working properly with my gmail account. When I try to set up Gmail on outlook, it automactly sets it up as an IMAP account. Only the emails sync and not the calendar and contacts. Here's...
  5. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365: Why does it not open consistently in my Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/54ca03e6-fbdc-41cb-864e-42bf199b5ac9
  6. Outlook 365

Outlook 365: I recently installed Bulldog vpn and ever since outlook 365 will not connect. Any suggestions to rectify the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/fec9b5de-09f3-45b6-a512-2179d37d2d0e
  7. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  8. Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail: I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google login and password and I got the 2FA prompt on my phone correctly. So far everything works. One machine refuses to do so and...
  9. Sync issues with Outlook 365 Calendar and Gmail using Ical

Sync issues with Outlook 365 Calendar and Gmail using Ical: I have copied and pasted the Ical URL into Outlook calendar on the “internet calendars” tab; howeveri get an error message when i click send/recieve. This function was working up until about a month ago....
  10. Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive

Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive: Since updating to Windows 10 my Office 365 Outlook will not send emails - error unable to connect to network - yet it receives them OK and if I go to account settings and use 'Test' it sends and receives OK this is true of all my accounts, Hotmail, gmail and two domain...