Windows 10: Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated!

Discus and support Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/J-Peezy24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ij2jt3/frustrated_with_ssd_swap_help_is_appreciated/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/J-Peezy24, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated!

/u/J-Peezy24, Aug 29, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Aug 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Aug 29, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated!

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated! :cool:

jmcslob, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated!

1. Frustrated with SSD Swap - Help is Appreciated! - Similar Threads - Frustrated SSD Swap

2. SSD swapping, laggy PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD swapping, laggy PC: I have recently upgraded my SSD, and suddenly everything is lagging, and the games I play are very glitchy and laggy. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-swapping-laggy-pc/cb4649b2-b9e9-465b-8d7e-6d94d7e3f54e
  3. Swapping a HDD for an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping a HDD for an SSD: I am swapping an HDD for a Samsung SSD in an HP Pavilion Laptop, what would be the easiest way to make a clean install of windows on the SSD? I don't want to clone the drives since the HDD is extremely slow and I don't need most of the files. submitted by /u/VolphanGaming...
  4. Any help is appreciated

Any help is appreciated: submitted by /u/psystylist150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jry0fr/any_help_is_appreciated/
  5. Swapping to ssd?

Swapping to ssd?: I am currently running a system with Linux running on my m.2 nvme and Windows is running on my hdd. Is it possible to have both running on the one ssd and if so how can i move the windows installation to the ssd? submitted by /u/AyeYoItsMateo [link] [comments]...
  6. Please Help - Windows Not Booting After SSD Swap

Please Help - Windows Not Booting After SSD Swap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/J-Peezy24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iimldk/please_help_windows_not_booting_after_ssd_swap/
  7. help would be appreciated

help would be appreciated: i am trying to disable the large box next to my volume slider popup altogether, i have found some results but all they do is change the box to just saying chrome. if any of you know how to remove the box altogether, that is greatly appreciated submitted by...
  8. Help would be appreciated

Help would be appreciated: I'm trying to use the media creation tool to boot up my new PC I built, but after it downloads and goes to send to the USB drive it stops at 30% and says no room. My USB drive has 31 gigs of available space and the tool says it only needs about 8 to download. I could really...
  9. Help much appreciated

Help much appreciated: if I bought a portable hardrive to connect to my MacBook (I'm running Windows 10 through boot camp) will it add storage to windows 10? Or do I have to reinstall windows 10 and allocate it more storage? submitted by /u/InfinitySlayerX [link] [comments]...
  10. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!: submitted by /u/Cheeeszuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr7z1r/any_help_would_be_appreciated/