Windows 10: Frustrating lag across windows 10... System or hardware? pls halp

Discus and support Frustrating lag across windows 10... System or hardware? pls halp in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi to all you good people. I have a 1 year old PC (specs at the bottom of the post), and some lagging stuttering has become more and more frustrating.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r_finno, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Frustrating lag across windows 10... System or hardware? pls halp

Hi to all you good people.

I have a 1 year old PC (specs at the bottom of the post), and some lagging stuttering has become more and more frustrating.
    The first thing I noticed is video playback issues. Youtube videos freeze on the start of a video for a few seconds, or when switching between fullscreen mode, sometimes even when scrubbing.

At first, I thought it was an internet issue but then these other things started happening: while playing video trough VLC player, sometimes there is a glitch lag, you know the thing which is now a modern effect in music videos, where one frame freezes, and then transitions into the other frame trough glitching. Also not much of a gamer, but sometimes I play GTA V / Online. Where I get this thing video editors know as time remapping. it kinda freezes but it just actually slows down for a second or two, and then plays really fast al the lost frames in the freeze.

Then I tried updating all things windows, as well as Nvidia drivers, since all things point to graphics card errors. also tried the studio driver, not the gaming one, then switched back to gaming driver as it seems to be more stable. but nothing helps

I also disabled hardware acceleration in chrome and it seems like youtube is doing better, but haven't had the time to test it yet.

Now I know low spec PCs get all kinds of lag, but I had a much cheaper PC (AMD FX8350,ATI R9 280x.16GB RAM) before this one, and played GTA V with NO lag. And NO video playback lag or glitch of any kind.

As far as I am concerned these are monster specs, and I expect monster performance, at least in simple tasks such as playing a video, browsing youtube, or playing a 2015 gen video game

the current specs are:
    CPU: intel - i9 9900k
    GPU: nvidia rtx2080
    RAM: 32GB hyperX
    Storage: 500gb samsung nvme ssd

Thanks to all who can help me with this!

submitted by /u/r_finno
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/r_finno, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Frustrating lag across windows 10... System or hardware? pls halp

Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the make and the model number of the system?

Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer?

This issue could be caused when the drivers are not up to date after a hardware changes, you can try the troubleshooting steps below so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Update graphics driver.

1. I suggest you to
      update graphics drive from device manager
      and check, to find the graphics driver from device manager, you can expand the
      display adapters from the device manager.
    2. I would also suggest you to check if there are any other drivers with a yellow exclamation mark, if so, please update the specific drivers by following the steps provided in the article above.
    3. You can also try to put the system under
      High Performance and check if that helps you, do to that you can.

1. Click on Start and then
      Control Panel.
    2. From the list of displayed item under
      Control Panel click on Power Options, which takes you to
      Select a power plan page. If you do not see
      Power Options
      , type the word 'power' in the Search Control Panel
      box and then select Choose a power plan.
    3. By default, the option to change power plans is disabled. To enable this, click the
      Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    4. Choose theHigh Performance
      option
    5. Close the Power Option
      window.

Method 2: Improve system performance.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to follow the article on

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and check if this helps you.

Disclaimer: The last step on this article contains the steps to
    Reset your PC, I suggest you not to perform that step, as it will wipe the data and application on your computer.

If you still need any further help, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Frustrating lag across windows 10... System or hardware? pls halp

1. Frustrating lag across windows 10... System or hardware? pls halp - Similar Threads - Frustrating lag across

2. My computer is doing weird things **** is happen PLS HALP!!!1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is doing weird things **** is happen PLS HALP!!!1: !!!!1! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-doing-weird-things-is-happen-pls/dcba0ce9-e355-4e3d-ac3f-2b8d39fc77f0
  3. My computer is doing weird things **** is happen PLS HALP!!!1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is doing weird things **** is happen PLS HALP!!!1: !!!!1! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-doing-weird-things-is-happen-pls/dcba0ce9-e355-4e3d-ac3f-2b8d39fc77f0
  4. My computer is doing weird things **** is happen PLS HALP!!!1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System lagging in Windows 10

System lagging in Windows 10: I'm using Windows 10, just installed yesterday and facing the problem even after update. My system lagging while using touchpad or mouse, even played a video and tested and also when system start the spinning white color load also lag....
  6. windows 10 frustrations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 frustrations: How do I get full control over windows? I am tired of windows 10 telling me I don't have permission. I want am the only user and an administrator. I want FULL control over my PC. What do I need for full control?...
  7. Frustrated! Could it be Hardware??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frustrated! Could it be Hardware??: With the end of support for WIN 7, last month, I took my machine to a shop for an upgrade to WIN 10. Although my machine was very stable with WIN 7, my tech suggested that to take advantage of WIN 10, I really should change my motherboard, processor, and move to faster ram....
  8. BSOD errors wat to do??!! pls halp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD errors wat to do??!! pls halp: so i went to open up geometry dash in my Windows 10 and it didnt open up so i just went ahead to play minecraft but then minecraft wont open so i watch yt instead but suddenly a BSOD just popped out and because of panic i try to wait for like 5 mins but its still 0% so i...
  9. Corrupted/ Unreadable file(s) halp pls

Corrupted/ Unreadable file(s) halp pls: Hallo, I've been having issues trying to delete a file in my Steam folder and it keeps saying: "An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error...
  10. Windows 10 frustration

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 frustration: I started my computer today and the computer was starting up and a light blue screen popped up titled "Choose an option" Continue-Exit and continue to windows 10 Use another operating system Troubleshoot Turn off PC The only problem is when I get to this screen I have...