Windows 10: Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!

Discus and support Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've got a very annoying local network issue I can't seem to fix or find a solution for so here I am hoping you could help. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderD3, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!

Hi guys,

I've got a very annoying local network issue I can't seem to fix or find a solution for so here I am hoping you could help.

I have a couple of computers on a network that can't see each other in the 'Network' portion in the 'Network' window. Each computer has shared folders, sharing turned on, discovery turned on, and are even the part of the same workgroup. I also went into services to make sure the Function discovery services were running (they are).

They still can't see each other. The computers actually show up as media devices but not as computers & folders allowing access. I even have a printer on one machine that is shared and somehow that works. But for the life of me I cannot browse shared folders on other computers.

While I like Windows 10, XP was so much easier getting home networks up and running. Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great! :(

So can anyone suggest a direction for me to take to fix this? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

AD

:)

AlexanderD3, Aug 29, 2019
  2. sml156 Win User

Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great! [​IMG]

sml156, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Network Sharing Password Problems

Hi William,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Network Troubleshooter and check, if this helps.

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: Update Network Adapter.

• Right click on Start button, type Device Manager and Enter.

• Now click on your Network Adapter.

• Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Also, refer: Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!

1. Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great! - Similar Threads - Frustrating Network Sharing

2. Getting BSOD once in a day. It is frustrating. It would be great if someone can help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD once in a day. It is frustrating. It would be great if someone can help: Details from the whocrashed Application On Sat 26-12-2020 7.02.16 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122620-12859-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5780 Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3,...
  3. Frustration With File Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frustration With File Sharing: As far as I know, I have done everything called for in the tutorial "How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10". The one thing I cannot do is transfer a file from my computer to my wife's computer. I can open Network in File Manager, I can see the folder on...
  4. Frustration with Networking

Frustration with Networking: I am having an ongoing issue with a Desktop Unit I have with an ASUS Z97-C Main Board with the Intel i218-V Built in Network interface running Windows10 32 bit. It will connect to my network but claims there is NO Connectivity to the INTERNET which is INCORRECT. I have RESET...
  5. any help would be great

in Windows 10 Support
    any help would be great: my screen is flickering afther windows 10 needed an update and when i try restart + shit i click on troubleshoot theres no "reset your pc" or "advanced options" theres only "start-up settings" and when i click on it and try safe mode my screen still flickering/ only safe mode...
  6. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated: Help! Son has a window on his PC screen that will not close or move. Need to know if anyone knows what it is and or how to get rid of it? My guess is he accidently changed something in settings but I have no idea where to begin to look. lol [IMG]...
  7. Slow PC Any help would be great

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC Any help would be great: Hello to the Microsoft Community! Just a few months ago my old desktop gave out and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a brand new computer. However, as soon as it came home I did all the installing and updates etc. and things just didn't seem right, quite often it...
  8. Network sharing problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  9. Problem with network sharing

Problem with network sharing: Hi all, I am having a small problem with sharing files from this PC to other devices. What happens is that every time I restart the PC the other devices on the network can no longer access it's shared folders. Using the netstat /ano command I can see that port 445 is not...
  10. Bluescreens all the time - help would be greatly appreciated!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreens all the time - help would be greatly appreciated!: BSOD Dumps Here are minidumps of the past several bluescreens, and a full memory dump of the most recent one. I've been getting these for various reasons - I already fixed a few problems with programs chewing up hard disk and causing crashes due to this, but I recently...