Windows 10: Frustrating unwanted task bar

Discus and support Frustrating unwanted task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get this search engine task bar off the top of my screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnMurillo1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Frustrating unwanted task bar

How do I get this search engine task bar off the top of my screen?

:)

JohnMurillo1, Jan 29, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Unwanted task bar

The unwanted Task Bar just appeared about 10 days or so ago. To my knowledge I didn't do anything to make it appear. I have no idea how to get rid of it. When I click on it all it looks like is IE and says in the bar "search .ydserp.com. Please help
    me get rid of it! It appears above the Edge taskbar.

Thank you.

dinahmoreau, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Frustrating unwanted task bar

Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Frustrating unwanted task bar

1. Frustrating unwanted task bar - Similar Threads - Frustrating unwanted task

2. Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar: My task bar is blank. There are no icons. Also, I cannot access the Start Menu. Pressing the Windows Logo key does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/68a70005-5422-42d7-a6d2-296378708c58
  3. Links unwanted in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  4. Unwanted icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on task bar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  5. unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar: How do I stop unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-multiple-file-explorer-files-in-my-task/92840ce6-52a3-4e78-b31a-9ecb9d996b8e
  6. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  7. Task bar unwanted moving problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Task bar unwanted moving problem: I run 3 monitors. The order is 1, 2 , 3 from left to right. 2 monitor is main display. I want the task bar to stay on the left side of monitor 1. My system stays on 24/7 but the monitors turn off after 1 hour of no activity because I run SETI. When I reactivate the computer...
  8. Task view- unwanted popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task view- unwanted popup: I tried removing the Task View icon from the Task Bar to stop unwanted 'mini' window pop ups, and rebooted pc; however that did not stop them. Added Task View icon back. Major disruption to working.*Banghead, as this action seems to appear with no rhyme or reason. Winver:...
  9. An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown

An unwanted upper task bar created with my internet windows shown: Somehow, I inadvertly hit a button that lowered my margin of my internet explorer. Now all of my open windows are shown above and it pushes down my active screen space. How do I adjust my upper margin?...
  10. Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options

Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options: I'm currently using Windows 10, and have 3 languages English-NZ, Korean, and Chinese as preferred languages, with En-NZ as the default. However, English-US automatically adds to keyboard selection almost every time I restart my laptop/MS surface. It doesn't appear in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I have an unwanted item in my task bar that i cant get rid off help

2. unpin unwanted items from task bar