Windows 10: Frustration with Networking

Discus and support Frustration with Networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having an ongoing issue with a Desktop Unit I have with an ASUS Z97-C Main Board with the Intel i218-V Built in Network interface running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KellyVB, Jul 16, 2020.

1. KellyVB Win User

Frustration with Networking

I am having an ongoing issue with a Desktop Unit I have with an ASUS Z97-C Main Board with the Intel i218-V Built in Network interface running Windows10 32 bit. It will connect to my network but claims there is NO Connectivity to the INTERNET which is INCORRECT. I have RESET the NETWORK multiple times and tried various versions of drivers to no avail. Once I get it working it will work for a while then it will again quit. I put a Windows 7 HDD in the system and it ran fine for 2 months and out of a need for some of the Material on the Win10 HDD I went back to it. It seemed to work for some time then the issue returned. So I thought well maybe there is some undocumented incompatibility or issue with this particular NIC or maybe its integration into the ASUS Mainboard so I installed an Intel PCIe NIC it is a Server Adapter i210-T1 and still have the same issue.

Any help thoughts or ideas to keep me from loosing my mind would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KellyVB, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Frustration with Networking

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Frustration with Networking

1. Frustration with Networking - Similar Threads - Frustration Networking

2. Network credentials frustration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network credentials frustration: I have just reinstalled Windows 10 and fully updated it. I made a careful note of the email address I used and the password than set up a pin to sign in, I can se my synology NAS drive and can access it from THIS PC and can access it if i click on the icon and see all the...
  3. Gigabit Network Code-10 error. Frustrating issue with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gigabit Network Code-10 error. Frustrating issue with Windows 10: Problem statement: Two weeks back, upon cold booting my intel desktop the Intel Gigabit Network connectionis showing error ‘The device cannot start Code-10’ and hence unable to connect to network / internet using Ethernet cable. Upon uninstalling and scanning for Hardware...
  4. Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network: So I've been using my TV to access my PC as they are on the same wi-fi. I would put a video file in the "Videos" folder and it would appear when accessing Videos through the TV (PC>Videos>All Videos>New File). This worked. Now when I went similarly (using the TV) to...
  5. Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network: So I've been using my TV to access my PC as they are on the same wi-fi. I would put a video file in the "Videos" folder and it would appear when accessing Videos through the TV (PC>Videos>All Videos>New File). This worked. Now when I went similarly (using the TV) to...
  6. I can't connect to my secure network at home after a update the 2nd time....so frustrated

I can't connect to my secure network at home after a update the 2nd time....so frustrated: It's not a ISP issue because all other devices work in the home and they are not running window 10. After a update again my laptop is blocked from my secure network at home. I see my network but get the message "No Network secure". I can go to other wifi areas and I can...
  7. Frustrating Network Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frustrating Network Adapter Issues: Hello, I have been having this problem for absolute ages, almost a year, I have a Windows 10 PC with AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor and my wireless network adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn WI-FI Adapter I...
  8. Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!

Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!: Hi guys, I've got a very annoying local network issue I can't seem to fix or find a solution for so here I am hoping you could help. I have a couple of computers on a network that can't see each other in the 'Network' portion in the 'Network' window. Each computer has...
  9. None of my computers recognize each other on the network. Beyond Frustrated

None of my computers recognize each other on the network. Beyond Frustrated: On windows 8 I used Homegroup to easily connect my 2 computers (laptop and desktop) as well as my wife's computer upstairs.. since Windows 10 came out I have had NOTHING but headaches from the "easy" networking.. All the folders that I want shared on the network are...
  10. Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues

Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues: I am experiencing no end of network problems since the roll out of 1803. I like to think of myself as reasonably competent when it comes to networking, but I have been stumped with 2 issues since the release of 1803. I have to ask the question if it ain’t broke why fix it? I...