Windows 10: fsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this?

Discus and support fsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/66mubddg4c051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=7daa9b1ea4d11da706a328caa762a203fdcda054 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cataal1337, May 22, 2020.

1. fsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this?

/u/Cataal1337, May 22, 2020
  2. Andy72006 Win User

Windows 10 says c: is dirty

ran fsutildirty query c:

reported volume - c: is dirty.

i restarted the system several times, it still gives me the same error.

Andy72006, May 22, 2020
  3. srfreeman Win User
    FSUTIL and Windows Update Failures.

Your rant is replete with misinformation... the noted link does not point directly to a flow chart of any kind.

Your "The command (fsutil dirty querry cfsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this? :) may not tell the whole story..." leads some one to believe there is a story to be told, which is not the case. The command - fsutil dirty query C: - simply checks to see if the volume's dirty bit is set.

If the volume is dirty, the following output displays:

Volume C: is dirty

If the volume is not dirty, the following output displays:

Volume C: is not dirty

In your example - fsutil USN deletejournal /n /d c: - the usage of both the /n and the /d parameter simply makes no sense.

Your "...some users get unknown errors, or, fictitious error codes..." is itself fiction.

srfreeman, May 22, 2020
  4. fsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this?

Dirty Bit not same state on the two possible Command Prompts

Using Windows 10. When I enter Command Prompt with holding down shift key when restarting and using fsutil dirty query c: , the Dirty Bit state is 0 or off. When I enter Command Prompt (Admin) from running the Windows program and using fsutil
    dirty query c:
    , the Dirty Bit is 1 or on. I think the latter condition is why I always get the Disk Check running notification when booting up. I've tried everything to clear the latter mentioned Dirty Bit state but nothing works. I saw one suggestion
    to use a hex editor and actually go into the Bios? to put the Dirty Bit state back to 0, but don't feel comfortable with that. The disk check using
    dskchk c: /f /r in the first mentioned Command Prompt shows the disk has no problems. Why are the Dirty Bit settings different? Could this be why Macruim does not want to clone the disk?

Thanks for any help and comments.

RolandO_774, May 22, 2020
Thema:

fsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this?

1. fsutil dirty query c: Volume - c: is Dirty . How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - fsutil dirty query

2. Drive c: dirty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive c: dirty: Hi, I have a issue with my drive c: being dirty. I tried following the answer in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-needs-repair-on-every-single-startup/ac83ece6-e18a-4839-b1bd-c5b3a88abe68 , however I don't see command prompt on the...
  3. how do i fix volume - c is dirty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix volume - c is dirty: so this is what i get when i do fsutil dirty query c: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-volume-c-is-dirty/ba20c486-8b6a-4eec-ace2-570a4d47f11c
  4. how do i fix volume - c is dirty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix volume - c is dirty: so this is what i get when i do fsutil dirty query c: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-volume-c-is-dirty/ba20c486-8b6a-4eec-ace2-570a4d47f11c
  5. Volume C: is dirty and nothing works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume C: is dirty and nothing works: Hi! I'm not sure what happened but after installing a new m.2 ssd my old one is now dirty for some reason and windows keep tryng to repair it upon boot but nothing happens, I've tried all the usual steps from windows maintenance etc. I also tried running the "CHKDSK C:" and...
  6. Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?: Recently started getting repairing and scanning drive every start up because my power went out one day and pc wasn't shut off correctly. I put chkntfs /x c: to disable it on startup but is it bad if i just leave it disabled and not fix it? I've tried running chkdsk c: /f/r/x...
  7. Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?

Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?: Recently started getting repairing and scanning drive every start up because my power went out one day and pc wasn't shut off correctly. I put chkntfs /x c: to disable it on startup but is it bad if i just leave it disabled and not fix it? I've tried running chkdsk c: /f/r/x...
  8. C drive is dirty

C drive is dirty: So I was getting black screens in my games and on booting my computer it was scanning and repairing my c drives so I went over to command prompt and ran fsutil dirty query c : and it popped off the message that volume c is dirty how do I remove the dirty bits ? Is this what...
  9. When I run fsutil dirty query c: it tells me that the drive is Dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I run fsutil dirty query c: it tells me that the drive is Dirty: When I run fsutil dirty query c: it tells me that the drive is Dirty. The computer is only a few months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-run-fsutil-dirty-query-c-it-tells-me-that/c69678f2-e0c5-4625-b587-d0ca532be332
  10. Dirty C: Volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dirty C: Volume: Hello, I recently encountered a problem with my NVMe drive - it says my volume is dirty. So I started researching on the internet and I've tried everything found on the first pages on Google so far, but nothing helps. I've tried running cmd with Admin and chkdsk /r, it wanted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cara perbaki fsutil dirty query c: volume - c : is Dirty

2. volume c is dirty windows 10

3. dirty query c fix