Windows 10: FSX Activation / Product key?

Discus and support FSX Activation / Product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Bought a new gaming PC and external DVD drive to play an old version of Flight Simulator X. I installed it and activated it with no problems. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdamSpitz, Feb 21, 2020.

1. AdamSpitz Win User

FSX Activation / Product key?

Bought a new gaming PC and external DVD drive to play an old version of Flight Simulator X. I installed it and activated it with no problems. That gaming PC had a system failure; I took it back to Best Buy and got a new one. Now, upon reinstalling FSX it will not let me activate because "you have exceeded the number of times you can activate a product with this key." I HAVE THE DVD IN DRIVE CONNECTED TO PC. ****? Microsoft tech support told me to shove it. "We no longer offer support on that product." How can I properly activate the game I paid for, and bought a DVD drive for specifically?

:)

AdamSpitz, Feb 21, 2020

2. ACTIVATION FSX

installed FSX, entered key, activated online, answer is your product is activated, but running the game, its only for 30 minutes, so no activation.

any suggestions are welcome,

CarelNorthwood, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    FSX activation error

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The first steps I would try are:

1) Locate the entry below by regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS

\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

2) Look at UpperFilters key. It should contain “PartMgr” only.

3) If the key shows something more, mark down what they are

before editing the key to read “PartMgr” only.

4) Start FSX, the activation dialog should be prompted.

5) Proceed and let FSX start, then exit FSX.

6) Edit back the registry key with the previous content. (This step may not be required.)

This info was found here:
    https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/fsx-a...

If that does not work then I would suggest to restart your computer and try again. If that does not work then I would suggest to uninstall and re-install completely.

Thagstrom, Feb 21, 2020
  4. machtoo Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

Resolved...well it took several steps...had to manually search and delete any Microsoft Flight Simulator entry in the registry related specifically to fsx.exe. This allowed the Remove to work from the DVD. Then reinstalled FSX and activated. Launched and it worked. Then I installed the Acceleration pack. Launched and got the activation error again. Went into the registry and looked for the UpperFilters setting in the MS FSX registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS
    \{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and modified it..deleted the partmgr and typed PartMgr and restarted FSX with Accel Pack, it immediately asked for activation and entered the product key and it activated successfully. This was a 24 hour pain.....but back to normal after the 1607 update.

machtoo, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. FSX Activation / Product key? - Similar Threads - FSX Activation Product

2. activate fsx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activate fsx: I bought a new computer with windows 10 and now cannot activate fsx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-fsx/6da0551a-9775-4a57-8735-6b0059c6a149
  3. fsx activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fsx activation: i need to activate my fsx. have the original box, but disk 1 has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fsx-activation/0004b004-29ff-4b0a-ba00-37f475736f8c
  4. activate fsx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activate fsx: I just put Flight Simulator X on a new computer and got message I needed to activate it again. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-fsx/d9c67d52-32ff-43b8-be05-859a331d4869
  5. FSX activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX activation: I purchased a new computer after my other one died, including the Hard drive. On there, I had a purchased copy of FSX. I have win 10 and installed FSX, however the activation key isn't working and I need to activate it. My phone number is correct, but my email address...
  6. FSX Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FSX Activation: Hi, In 2011 I purchased FSX Gold Edition. I never had any problems until now. A few months ago I had my computer upgraded. Now I must reinstall all my games. Every time I want to activate the game, I get the following problem: A technical problem occured while...
  7. FSX 25 PRODUCT KEY REGSTRATION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 25 PRODUCT KEY REGSTRATION PROBLEM: My FSX was removed during a reset of my OS....After re-downloading FSX I'm unable to register and can only play FSX for 30 minutes...(Note each time I place the 25 Product Key Code I receive a message telling me to try again etc.) Can you advise please?...
  8. FSX activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX activation: product limits play to 30 minuts and am unable to activate please help [Move from: Windows 10 / Licensing & activation] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx-activation/18f51dcc-f6c7-465f-a5a6-4ec34e5c9db2
  9. FSX Product Activation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Product Activation Error: Hi i am having an error problem with my Flight simulator that says" An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application". I was trying to repair my flight simulator because it was not acting...
  10. Activation FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation FSX: Cannot reactivate FSX even after calling Microsoft no more support offered tried to reinstall on a new build PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/activation-fsx/a8492601-9924-48fd-86e1-ddb7b61b83e4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fsx product key

2. fsx key

3. how to fsx first licence key

4. fsx 10 key,
  5. an error occurred during activation yahoo language:en,
  6. fsx product key too many times,
  7. microsoft fsx product key,
  8. FSX ACCELERATION pARTmGR,
  9. fsx activation fix,
  10. FS X product registration,
  11. fsx acceleration exceeded number of times to activate,