Windows 10: FSX and DirectX version

Discus and support FSX and DirectX version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnHaney1, Oct 12, 2018.

1. FSX and DirectX version

Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and install the latest version. I checked and I have version 12. What else do I have to do to get FSX to run?

:)

JohnHaney1, Oct 12, 2018

2. Service pack for FSX to fix DirectX 12 compatibility

My question is, will a possible service pack be coming out for FSX to fix the DirectX 12 compatibility issue. I have windows 10 installed on my computer, but DirectX 12 isn't compatible with FSX so I've been told. I have it set to "preview DirectX 10."
    That allows me to play the game, but some functionality is lost because of this version of DirectX. Unless a service pack comes out, I will have to keep it in this form in order to play the game.

KlausRohrbach, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

FSX and DirectX version

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

FSX and DirectX version

1. FSX and DirectX version - Similar Threads - FSX DirectX version

2. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox DirectX version: I just upgraded my pc win7 to win10 but when i join Roblox it says Use directx 10 or greater level and i just changed my processor to duo core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-directx-version/dd329cac-060c-4de1-b91b-ec809a3c9f71
  3. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox DirectX version: I just upgraded my pc win7 to win10 but when i join Roblox it says Use directx 10 or greater level and i just changed my processor to duo core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-directx-version/dd329cac-060c-4de1-b91b-ec809a3c9f71
  4. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  6. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  7. DirectX version not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX version not compatible?: I am trying to get the online game The Elder Scrolls to run, but when I hit play, I get a message saying that the DirectX version is unsupported. It gives you an information link in the hopes of fixing this problem, and it says that the game needs DirectX 11 to run. My laptop...
  8. FSX and DirectX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FSX and DirectX: When starting FSX I've always pressed ALT-ENTER for full screen. Now, I get a black screen/freeze. Troubleshooting the problem I've seen posts about selection the Directx10 Preview in FSX. That seems to work for a while, however, the graphics are less than desirable. Even if...
  9. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: Hello. I have the FSX Gold Edition with the 3 discs. Disc 1, Disc 2 and Acceleration Pack. I have both product keys however I have misplaced disc 1 and my new computer has no disc drive. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to install it on my new computer....
  10. Flight Simulator FSX engl. Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator FSX engl. Version: Hey there, had to change Motherboard with Win7Pro. Unfortunately I deleted a driver after activation MB MSI Z270 but reinstalled. Everythin works but not FSX.Since than FSX shows up for a second and disapears from screen. Failure 1-80004005 leads to product activation....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. probleem fsx directx 9.0 windows 10

2. direct x 9 for fsx

3. fsx directx

4. directx and fsx,
  5. directx 9 per fsx,
  6. directx 12 per fsx,
  7. fsx direct x,
  8. fsx directx 12 fix,
  9. direct x box not in fsx,
  10. fsx se direct x 12,
  11. fsx direct x 12,