Windows 10: FSX and DirectX

Discus and support FSX and DirectX in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When starting FSX I've always pressed ALT-ENTER for full screen. Now, I get a black screen/freeze. Troubleshooting the problem I've seen posts about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Spug59, May 7, 2019.

1. Spug59 Win User

FSX and DirectX

When starting FSX I've always pressed ALT-ENTER for full screen. Now, I get a black screen/freeze. Troubleshooting the problem I've seen posts about selection the Directx10 Preview in FSX. That seems to work for a while, however, the graphics are less than desirable. Even if I choose to use the DX10 preview, after about 10 min, the program freezes. This all just started within the last two weeks.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434), 16GB RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 11GB Video RAM

Corsair PSU RX750W.

I deleted all the DX9 files from the Sys32 and WOW64 folders, then ran the directx_Jun2010_redist program to update/install the DX9 files. Still can't run in full screen with DX9. I even tried a Radeon RX750 video card, same result.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

:)

Spug59, May 7, 2019

2. FSX and DirectX version

Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and install the latest version. I checked and I have version 12. What else do I have to do to get FSX to run?

JohnHaney1, May 7, 2019
  3. Service pack for FSX to fix DirectX 12 compatibility

My question is, will a possible service pack be coming out for FSX to fix the DirectX 12 compatibility issue. I have windows 10 installed on my computer, but DirectX 12 isn't compatible with FSX so I've been told. I have it set to "preview DirectX 10."
    That allows me to play the game, but some functionality is lost because of this version of DirectX. Unless a service pack comes out, I will have to keep it in this form in order to play the game.

KlausRohrbach, May 7, 2019
  4. BossDweeb Win User

FSX and DirectX

FSX and DirectX version

- Which version of FSX ? Is it a disc based version, or downloaded from Steam, or another online game retailer ?

- Win10 has DX9,10 & 11 as well as a few DX12 files that are only used on a small number of recent games.

However, all files may not be installed if you have a new install of Win10. Use the
    DirectX Web Installer below to

verify if all files are installed. If any are missing this will also install the missing files.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

- I don't know if newer versions of FSX use SafeDisk copy protection, but up to 2004 FSX does. All
    disc based games that use SafeDisk

have a problem, created by MS specially for Win10, which blocks them from launching. I have details in my post at

---this thread---

BossDweeb, May 7, 2019
Thema:

FSX and DirectX

1. FSX and DirectX - Similar Threads - FSX DirectX

2. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  3. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  4. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  6. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  7. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  8. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  9. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  10. FSX and DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX and DirectX version: Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and install the latest version. I checked and I have version 12. What else do I have to do to get FSX to run?...