Windows 10: FSX and WIN 10

Discus and support FSX and WIN 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; THis is becomming sooooo anoying to say the least :( Took me hours to get my PAID for FSX delux & accelerator to work on my new rig with WIN 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TSRacer, Sep 11, 2018.

1. TSRacer Win User

FSX and WIN 10

THis is becomming sooooo anoying to say the least FSX and WIN 10 :(

Took me hours to get my PAID for FSX delux & accelerator to work on my new rig with WIN 10

Then I installed some other Steam games (still not happy with being forced onto this steam platform - just eats tons of DATA) and after another struggle got some games working (all PAID FOR)

Now I want to go flying and BANG !!! (take that sucker !!!!!!!!!) "

MSXML 4 SP2 missing --- bla bla bla............... ????

Just what is all this techno hogg-wash and how much more time and money am I going to be wasting just to have things WORKING ??

:)

TSRacer, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

Hi this is my first post on this forum and I am planning on building a gaming PC soon and am wondering if i should get windows 10 with it. I also want to get FSX but with the issues I've seen with the FSX community on windows 8.1 with the crashing i'm kinda worried if i should get windows 7 but with vista support gone i know win 7 is next so please help me out here.

Is there any issues compatibility wise with FSX using windows 10? Thanks - Nick

Oh and here is the link to my part list for my upcoming PC.
    System Build - PCPartPicker

Thrashmetal86, Sep 11, 2018
  4. AndyDunne Win User

FSX and WIN 10

Microsoft FSX

I installed FSX standard on a windows 10 PC. I had to uninstall it and I removed the registry entries. When I tried to reinstall it, I get the options to repair or remove the program. Neither of which I can do as I have uninstalled the program.

I tried downloading Microsoft installer V4.5 but it wont run(error 0x8009602)

I tried Microsoft program install and uninstall but FSX is not in the list and the product code on the FSX box is too short to satisfy the program

Any help or suggestions appreciated

AndyDunne, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

FSX and WIN 10

1. FSX and WIN 10 - Similar Threads - FSX

2. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  3. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  4. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  6. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  7. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  8. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  9. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  10. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...