Windows 10: FSX - blank screen after clicking on 'Fly Now'

Discus and support FSX - blank screen after clicking on 'Fly Now' in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I seem to remember this problem when I used to view the Windows 7 Forum but I can't recall the solution. I upgraded to Windows 10 when my motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ado39, Jun 7, 2020.

1. ado39 Win User

FSX - blank screen after clicking on 'Fly Now'

I seem to remember this problem when I used to view the Windows 7 Forum but I can't recall the solution. I upgraded to Windows 10 when my motherboard shuffled off this mortal coil - wish neither had happened!

That was nearly a year ago, I just got round to installing FSX again but found it didn't like my add-ons until someone suggested unchecking the trial DX10 box. That worked but the next times I started FSX the screen would go blank (black) when I clicked on 'Fly Now'. The PC itself was still working, I could hear FSX sounds and the music I downstream but the screen remained blank.

The only way I found of getting the display back was to Log Out in Task Manager, then sign in again but of course FSX was closed. FSX could be started again OK but the blank screen effect continues. +

I have no current problems with the PC itself (I do with Windows 10 sometimes but with no other software.)

Any ideas?

WinVer 2004 (OS Build 19041.264

:)

ado39, Jun 7, 2020

2. Fsx black screens windows 10

Hi Alejo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

Please ensure that you download all the latest drivers for your system from the manufacturer’s website.

Follow the steps below:

• Check in compatible mode.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    You may try this suggestion as well: When your FSX is running with that 'Black Screen', then right click on the FSX icon in the taskbar and click restore. If it still doesn't works, then again right click on FSX icon, click minimize and then
    afterwards, right click and click restore.

In further, if you have any issues with regards to games, you may post your query on Xbox forums for specialized assistance. Here is the link:
    Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Joy Kemprai, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Not active fsx

In my April 24th reply, I had asked you if you were able to take a flight in spite of having the Activation error come up? So could you attempt any flight to make sure that you have installed FSX properly? And try to fly for more than 30 minutes (you can
    use time compression if you are short of time).

If your FSX runs properly, I can give you a possible suggestion for the Activation error. But if FSX doesn't run, then you need to go through certain steps before you can do a re-install of it.

Chriso747, Jun 7, 2020
  4. FSX - blank screen after clicking on 'Fly Now'

Fsx black screens windows 10

go into fsx settings see if something with dfx 10 isnt clicked ....its on the side where you set the screen size ie 1920x 720 x 32 there on the right side you ll see it I think it says preview 10 click that save and restart fsx

if that doesn't work try running fsx under window size and not full screen

that's how I get around flying with planes with no texture with windows 10

trucker0407, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

FSX - blank screen after clicking on 'Fly Now'

1. FSX - blank screen after clicking on 'Fly Now' - Similar Threads - FSX blank screen

2. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  3. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  4. fsx won't start up now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fsx won't start up now.: I've had fsx for 5 years. It's always started up on Windows 10 until now. The problem may have to do with recent updates - NVIDIA and Window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fsx-wont-start-up-now/99e1ceaa-553e-4ee5-a8a0-bc45b6119c24
  5. blank screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  6. Blank Screen after Signing In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen after Signing In: Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank. It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the...
  7. Blank screen after update.

Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  8. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  9. reset now blank screen

reset now blank screen: i reset my pc now the i get a black screen. thanks when you reset ease of access turns of the background under (make computer easier to read),make sure remove background images is box is clear 59252
  10. Blank Right Click menu's and blank popups after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Right Click menu's and blank popups after Creators update: Have tried upgrading to Creators several different ways including just letting it upgrade through windows update and clean install. In every case, I end up with blank screens for right-click options and popups with be blank with button shells and no text. Explorer is blank as...