Windows 10: FSX delux edition

Discus and support FSX delux edition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have FSX Steam edition on our windows 10 which works fine but we also have FSX deluxe edition which we have add-ons for. we loaded this edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JanetStocks, Feb 22, 2019.

1. FSX delux edition

We have FSX Steam edition on our windows 10 which works fine but we also have FSX deluxe edition which we have add-ons for. we loaded this edition onto our pc, it loaded fine but we can't find it on the pc to play it. Can anyone suggest anything please.

:)

JanetStocks, Feb 22, 2019
  2. JawsRIp Win User

FSX Deluxe edition stops and terminates the installation

Well i was installing my FSX Deluxe edition after i upgraded to WINDOWS 10, initially the process was smooth enough until it suddenly Stopped and terminates the whole installation process, this issue came up when the setup was nearly completed. The message
    appeared in a small window stating some files are missing due to which the installation cannot continue, So now i dont know what to do to make my game working again. Any help would be much appreciated.....

JawsRIp, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition

There's not much you can do since support for FSX has been discontinued. Generally, people are directed to the X Box Support, but they are not conversant with FSX or with activating it. If you are wanting to go the phone route, remember to have your FSX
    disks handy: there's a code inscribed on them near the centre which MS may require to authenticate your ownership. But don't hold too much hope with this method.

Most simmers in your situation are opting to buy another Flt. Sim: FSX-Steam Edition being a direct replacement (i.e. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration) as well as other enhancements done to it by Dovetail Games (link to it hereunder). Then there is Prepar3d,
    X-Plane, etc. as well.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Steam

Chriso747, Feb 22, 2019
  4. FSX delux edition

FSX Deluxe edition stops and terminates the installation

Hi Jaws,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with Flight Simulator.

You may receive this error message if any one of the following conditions is true:

• The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.
    • The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.
    • If the application is not compatible with OS.

Check Compatibility of Flight
    Simulator X
    in Windows 8 compatibility centre.

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Deluxe Edition does not seem to be compatible with Windows 8. Check the link

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/product_info.html

If the game is not compatible with the windows 8, I would like you to install the game in the compatibility mode and give this a try.

Install the game in Compatibility Mode:

Step 1: Right-click on the executable file used to install the program, and select “Properties" from the menu.

Step 2:Click the
    "Compatibility" tab.

Step 3: Check the box next to "Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For."

Choose "Windows 7” from the drop-down menu.

Step 4: Click
    "OK."

Step 5: Double-click the program's installation icon to install the program.

For your reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-apps-devices-working

Hope it helps.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

FSX delux edition

1. FSX delux edition - Similar Threads - FSX delux edition

2. Trying to re-install FSX Deluxe Edition. The install performs through both disks and errors...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to re-install FSX Deluxe Edition. The install performs through both disks and errors...: Error re installing FSX Deluxe, Gold Edition with Acceleration Expansion Pack. Installshield processes files on DISK 1 and DISK 2 then when it tries to register the installation a fatal error occures with the Installshield program instructing me to contact support. I also...
  3. Trying to re-install FSX Deluxe Edition. The install performs through both disks and errors...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to re-install FSX Deluxe Edition. The install performs through both disks and errors...: Error re installing FSX Deluxe, Gold Edition with Acceleration Expansion Pack. Installshield processes files on DISK 1 and DISK 2 then when it tries to register the installation a fatal error occures with the Installshield program instructing me to contact support. I also...
  4. Will windows 11 run FSX not flight simulator 2020 but FSX and FSX-SE the steam edition....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 11 run FSX not flight simulator 2020 but FSX and FSX-SE the steam edition....: Wikk WIndows 11 run FSX and FSX-SE steam I am not talking about the new Microsoft 2020 sim. Also will the video editor in 11 cause a problem with Pinnicle studio video editor?Thanks...
  5. Error message on install of FSX Deluxe Edition using Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message on install of FSX Deluxe Edition using Win10: I have an older version of FSX . 2006 It used to work fine on my PC, but it now shows a error message, which reads : An error occurred while attempting to activate this product. The Problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling may...
  6. FSX Gold Edition Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Gold Edition Activation: When installed no activation prompt appears and a failure code appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fsx-gold-edition-activation/d1b7e407-d574-419c-9e1b-1bff4c17b628
  7. Iam trying to activate my FSX GOLD EDITION DELUXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iam trying to activate my FSX GOLD EDITION DELUXE: I am trying to activate my FSX GOLD EDITION DELUXE, Uninstall the software and install again and again is not working??? Any body know how to make work?...
  8. ProblemSSSS with FSX Deluxe Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProblemSSSS with FSX Deluxe Edition: Hello, I've been having problems lately to the point where I uninstalled my FSX and re-installed it from scratch. After re-install, I installed SP1. Then when trying to install SP2, the only option I had was to un-install it... the problem is I hadn't installed it yet. So I...
  9. Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen: Using Window 10, did repair off of disc and now the program just dies on the splash screen. Tried all compatibility settings, run as administrator and all the troubleshooting and no solution. Was working fine except for a scenery issue and was the reason for the repair. Don't...
  10. ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO INSTALL FSX DELUX & ACCELERATOR IN WINDOWS 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO INSTALL FSX DELUX & ACCELERATOR IN WINDOWS 10?: I have been using FSX since it arrived on the shelves and has been through a number of hardware and software platforms with my FSX installation growing on a regular basis with addons and the like. My latest change of platform in both hardware and software meant going from...