Windows 10: fsx issues

Discus and support fsx issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have downloaded my fsx Miicrosoft flight simulator which I had purchased and have the activation code that came with the box. I tried turning on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PeteP12, Jan 18, 2020.

1. PeteP12 Win User

fsx issues

I have downloaded my fsx Miicrosoft flight simulator which I had purchased and have the activation code that came with the box. I tried turning on the game but was unable to make it work. It showed loading the game but never actually open in my laptop. Please advised.

:)

PeteP12, Jan 18, 2020

2. fsx issue

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to check if your computer is upto date.

Method 1: Turn on the Anti-Aliasing option in FSX:SE. To do this, follow these instructions:

• Go to the Settings tab on the FSX: Steam Edition home page
    • Click on the “Customize” option at the bottom
    • Click to check the “Anti-aliasing” option.
    Method 2: Try running FSX: Steam Edition with or without Windows 8 compatibility mode. To do this, right click on the game’s desktop icon, select “properties”, then look under the compatibility tab. Either way, you will still need to run
    FSX: Steam Edition as an administrator. You can also find the Windows compatibility trouble-shooter in the control panel.

Perform the above troubleshooting and reply with the results.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 18, 2020
  3. FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

fsx issues

FSX activation error

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The first steps I would try are:

1) Locate the entry below by regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS

\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

2) Look at UpperFilters key. It should contain “PartMgr” only.

3) If the key shows something more, mark down what they are

before editing the key to read “PartMgr” only.

4) Start FSX, the activation dialog should be prompted.

5) Proceed and let FSX start, then exit FSX.

6) Edit back the registry key with the previous content. (This step may not be required.)

This info was found here:
    https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/fsx-a...

If that does not work then I would suggest to restart your computer and try again. If that does not work then I would suggest to uninstall and re-install completely.

Thagstrom, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

fsx issues

1. fsx issues - Similar Threads - fsx issues

2. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  3. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  4. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  5. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  6. New fsx 2020, startup issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New fsx 2020, startup issue: got the download, after 24 hours... Loaded CLEAN new windows10 Now Xbox starts game play, ggoes thru ... new world, new scenery new activities, etc, but exits abrubtly Help...
  7. Issue faced while installing MS FSX Gold edition using Disc 1 and 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue faced while installing MS FSX Gold edition using Disc 1 and 2: The problem that I'm facing is that the disc 1 installation is done in say about ~15 mins, but the disc 2 takes forever. In the installation progress bar i get about 11 bars with the Disc 1 and then the computer tells me to insert the disc 2. After installing disc 2, the...
  8. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background...
  9. Technical Issues over Program FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Technical Issues over Program FSX: Hello, First of all I have been tried to contact the page internet http://support.microsoft.com/international.aspx....but in vain, the page is always closed and can't be found, that is why I contact Microsoft community. Well, I am having the following issues since I...
  10. Technical Issues over Program FSX

in Windows 10 Customization
    Technical Issues over Program FSX: Hello, First of all I have been tried to contact the page internet http://support.microsoft.com/international.aspx....but in vain, the page is always closed and can't be found, that is why I contact Microsoft community. Well, I am having the following issues since I...