Windows 10: FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

Discus and support FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. It was working properly for some time and suddenly a problem came out. During... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mateusz Rosiński, Nov 24, 2019.

1. FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

Hello,

I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. It was working properly for some time and suddenly a problem came out. During the flight, simulator freezes and there is loading cursor circle and after about 10 seconds simulator turns off without any error window (it goes back to desktop). I don't know where the problem is. I reinstalled FSX and Steam, the problem still exist. I tried on another computer ( FSX never installed) and the problem is not solved. My addons are GSX , GSX Level 2 and Areosoft Airbus X Extended.

My 1st PC specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7 - 6700HQ

Graphic Card: Nvidia GTX960M

RAM: 16GB DDR4

SSD Nvme: 128GB (there is FSX installed)

HDD: 1TB

My 2nd PC specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-6400

Graphic Card: Asus ROG RX460 4GB

RAM: 8GB DDR4

SSD Nvme: 500GB

What do I do now?

:)

Mateusz Rosiński, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 24, 2019
  4. FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

1. FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off - Similar Threads - FSX freezes turns

2. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  3. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  4. Windows freezes then keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes then keyboard turns off: About 3 years ago I was having a problem where every now and again, my computer froze, lost internet keyboard disconected and all of my external drives also disconected. Now its coming back. It last like 3 seconds but my external drive disconects for a seccond, some programs...
  5. Windows freezes then keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes then keyboard turns off: About 3 years ago I was having a problem where every now and again, my computer froze, lost internet keyboard disconected and all of my external drives also disconected. Now its coming back. It last like 3 seconds but my external drive disconects for a seccond, some programs...
  6. Windows freezes then keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. FSX Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FSX Windows 10: I have a copy of FSX on my Windows 10 computer. I am getting the error code 8-c0000006 as a reason that the activation window will not show up but have access to the 30 minute trial version running in compatibility mode for Vista. Is there any way I can run the activation...
  8. FSX turned to demo unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX turned to demo unexpectedly: l have installed FSX DeLuxe edition on my new laptop on Sept. 2018 successfully and it was working just fine . l did not run it for a couple of months , and then yesterday Jan 24th , l run it and it worked OK ... but after 30 minutes l was notified that l was running ........
  9. WINDOWS 10 FSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 FSX: WINDOWS 10 FSX Does not accept loaded airplanes-any suggested assistance sites or downloaded tutorials available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fsx/f198ac53-8e30-464f-b556-a57d292d0225
  10. FSX Windows 10 Screen Freeze under STEAM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FSX Windows 10 Screen Freeze under STEAM: if you have a problem of FSX screen freezing and game still running cause you can hear sound etc... Underclock your unit I lowered my shader to 761 from 1120 works perfectluy for hours on end now 68034