Windows 10: FSX reinstall after WIN10 crash

Discus and support FSX reinstall after WIN10 crash in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After my PC crash and reinstall of WIN10 I now attempted to reinstall FSX. WIN10 version 20H2 Home EditionFSX Gold EditionDownloaded and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kevtherev, May 31, 2021.

1. kevtherev Win User

FSX reinstall after WIN10 crash

After my PC crash and reinstall of WIN10 I now attempted to reinstall FSX. WIN10 version 20H2 Home EditionFSX Gold EditionDownloaded and installed DirectX from a link mentioned in the forum. Message that a more recent Direct X was present so it did not install.Inserted Disk 1 and everything looked good.Inserted Disk 2 and install proceeded. After about 99.5% at Registering Fonts installation got the message, Error 1722 There is a problem with the Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Install Wizard now rolling back the action and now another Error 1603 Fatal error during installation . Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.Any help please.

:)

kevtherev, May 31, 2021
  2. Al-63 Win User

fsx Installation on windows 10

Having same problem. FSX. Win10. Had to reinstall Windows. Now when attempting to reinstall FSX, I insert FSX DVD #1 and get Microsoft Flight Simulator X installshield wizard...Removing Applications. It asks for disc #2 and then after a few minutes I get:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Error.

Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact support personnel.

Then:

Feature Transfer Error

Error: - 1603 Fatal Error During installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help.

Have tried multiple times. Unable to uninstall the non running FSX in order to do a fresh install... I followed the steps listed above and it did not solve the problem.

Help.

Al-63, May 31, 2021
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    FSX crashing

Hi Robert,

The problem you're experiencing is a difficult one to easily rectify. The faulting module is StackHash_e2a0 which is not a file that can be found on your system: it is a memory address showing where the fault occurs. This could indicate that something
    has changed on your computer recently causing it not to load into a flight.

Some questions:

a. have you installed any add ons, especially MyTrafficX, before this crash scenario?

b. have you overclocked your processor or graphics card?

c. if you have placed UIAutomationcore.dll in your FSX directory, have you used the correct version? If you don't know what I'm referring to here, then don't worry about it.

What you can try is as follows:

a. with FSX shut down, run the System File Checker (type SFC \scannow (note the space after SFC) in Command Prompt). This action checks your system for any missing or corrupt files and rectifies them.

b. check that you have the latest system updates, including updates for your system drivers and Nvidia card drivers.

c. after you have done the above, test FSX for the problem. If it still exists, then do the following:

a. delete your fsx.cfg from here: C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and find the file: fsx.cfg (not the text file). Delete fsx.cfg altogether - FSX will rebuild it when it is next launched,
    however, you will lose any special settings, tweaks, including key mappings. Then launch FSX and check again. BTW, if you are using tweaks, then most, if not all of them, are of very little value, with later Operating Systems. However, the tweak you
    should have is as follows: open up fsx.cfg (after it rebuilds from my previous instruction) and go to this location in it: under the heading [GRAPHICS], write this after the last entry: HIGHMEMFIX=1. This entry, left out by the ACES Team, fixes the
    high memory demands of FSX - a must have tweak.

b. Other things to try if FSX is still not working: delete your Shaders Folder, found here:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX. This folder will be rebuilt at the next FSX launch. It is actually a good idea to periodically delete this Shaders folder and let it rebuild, so the default Shader settings can be installed.

c. disable any Scenery add ons in your Scenery Library (when you see the first splash screen (i.e. before going into a flight)). And disable MyTrafficX (if you're using this) in your Scenery Library: this has been known to cause this error.

d. that's all I can think of, unless you feel experienced enough to go into your BIOS to lower voltages and remove overclock settings. Otherwise, leave this one off your list.

e. if none of the above work (which is possible as this error is particularly difficult to nail down), then your only recourse is to reinstall FSX (I think you're using Win10, and reinstallation in Win10 sometimes comes with its own problems).

Hope you can get some success with this.

Chris

Chriso747, May 31, 2021
  4. DaveTopC Win User

FSX crashing Windows 10

Hi,

FSX seems to be crash everytime "Real-time" weather is used and crashes randomly. Before on Windows XP this was not the case. I decided to reinstall FSX but I have Windows 10 and was not able to uninstall FSX via Control panel so I went and directly deleted
    everything in "MicrosoftGames". After this obviously FSX is unable to repair or uninstall because it is missing gameuxinstallhelper.dll.

So even though I don't have FSX installed, it still shows up in "Control Panel". How do I get rid of this for me to re-install FSX? Will CCleaner do the job?

I am running FSX on Windows 10 (64 bit).

DaveTopC, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. FSX reinstall after WIN10 crash - Similar Threads - FSX reinstall WIN10

2. FSX crashes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX crashes unexpectedly: The game will just crash out of the blue when playing FSX. Here's the dump file analysis:******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  3. FSX crashes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX crashes unexpectedly: The game will just crash out of the blue when playing FSX. Here's the dump file analysis:******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  4. reinstall FSX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reinstall FSX: I had to uninstall FSX to free up HDD space and now I'm trying to reinstall but I keep getting the Repair or Remove screen followed by Error 1605. I've searched everywhere I can think of but cannot find any trace of FSX, can you help Please?...
  5. FSX reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FSX reinstallation: Having reinstalled FSX after it crashed, I find I have a " Product Activation Error" message. Discs 1 & 2 activated successfully after the product key was entered, and even though "Acceleration" loaded, I did not get a product key request. The error code was: 1-80004005....
  6. FSX Crashes in Mid-Flight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FSX Crashes in Mid-Flight: Hello everyone... My FSX is crashing in mid-flight (after takeoff, cruize, landing) while being online on the IVAO's network. Everything is running smooth when randomly FSX freezes and the blue circle mouse icon is appers and then crashes to deskpot (CTD). I think i have...
  7. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  8. Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall: My Windows 10 Pro (64bit) crashed on this last Saturday. After trying many suggested solutions, I finally use the Microsoft Update and Windows 10 was back. I used my backup program and restored the previous backup. All appeared okay. The most recent Windows update was...
  9. Win10 Crashed Not able to reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Crashed Not able to reinstall: My Windows 10 Pro (64bit) crashed on this last Saturday. After trying many suggested solutions, I finally use the Microsoft Update and Windows 10 was back. I used my backup program and restored the previous backup. All appeared okay. The most recent Windows update was...
  10. FSX keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FSX keeps crashing: I have Microsoft FSX Deluxe Edition with the sp2 update. The game keeps crashing before a flight or a hour in. I never had this problem umtil I upgraded to windows 10' Here is the crash report; Version=1 EventType=APPCRASH EventTime=131762301668069881 ReportType=2 Consent=1...