Windows 10: FSX reinstallation

Discus and support FSX reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Having reinstalled FSX after it crashed, I find I have a " Product Activation Error" message. Discs 1 & 2 activated successfully after the product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BackwaterKid, Oct 15, 2020.

1. FSX reinstallation

Having reinstalled FSX after it crashed, I find I have a " Product Activation Error" message. Discs 1 & 2 activated successfully after the product key was entered, and even though "Acceleration" loaded, I did not get a product key request. The error code was: 1-80004005.

Any help out there?

:)

BackwaterKid, Oct 15, 2020
  2. AndyDunne Win User

Microsoft FSX

I installed FSX standard on a windows 10 PC. I had to uninstall it and I removed the registry entries. When I tried to reinstall it, I get the options to repair or remove the program. Neither of which I can do as I have uninstalled the program.

I tried downloading Microsoft installer V4.5 but it wont run(error 0x8009602)

I tried Microsoft program install and uninstall but FSX is not in the list and the product code on the FSX box is too short to satisfy the program

Any help or suggestions appreciated

AndyDunne, Oct 15, 2020
  3. zsde Win User
    FSX Gold Edition unable to reinstall.

My first post here as I am at my wits end.
    Did a new install of my FSX on my desktop computer. It was never on there before. The installation went well and I then attempted to install my old PMDG 737 and also some old scenery and schedule files. So that messed it up and I decided to start a fresh installation of FSX and that is where I the installation now refuses to complete.

The installation is done on a clean drive E:\ Nothing else is on that drive.
    Just before the end of disk 2 the error message comes up " E:\FS\Licenses\client-issuance-ppd.xms-ms and the message appears "Please insert the disk". and that then prevents the finalisation of the installation.

I have been at it for 3 days now. Things I have done. Cleaned every and anything in my C drive and in the registry that contains FSX or FlightSimulator or MS FlightSim. Ran CCleaner. downloaded and ran the MS KB928080. Created a new Admin user to try and install it via that new user.; all without success.

Short of formatting the PC and starting from scratch, I think I have tried everything that has been suggested in the various similar posts.

Where else can I look or what other registry do I need check/change?

I also followed these instructions:
    1. Run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4 . Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and then click OK. If PartMgr is already there, then leave it as is.
    5. Close Registry Editor

Trust that there may be something vital that I have overlooked.
    Thank you for any kind assistance.
    FSX reinstallation [​IMG]

FSX reinstallation [​IMG]

4. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX reinstallation

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

FSX reinstallation

1. FSX reinstallation - Similar Threads - FSX reinstallation

2. I had to reinstall FSX on a new SSD after my mechanical disk died. How do I activate FSX?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to reinstall FSX on a new SSD after my mechanical disk died. How do I activate FSX?...: I had to reinstall FSX on a new SSD after my mechanical disk died. How do I activate FSX? By phone since I cannot do it on the internet? Can I send you the product key and you do it?...
  3. I had to reinstall FSX on a new SSD after my mechanical disk died. How do I activate FSX?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had to reinstall FSX on a new SSD after my mechanical disk died. How do I activate FSX?...: I had to reinstall FSX on a new SSD after my mechanical disk died. How do I activate FSX? By phone since I cannot do it on the internet? Can I send you the product key and you do it?...
  4. FSX devoted fan for 16 years! Reinstall Error 1722

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX devoted fan for 16 years! Reinstall Error 1722: What frustration, 16 years with this a various uninstalls and reinstalls and without a hitch. Yesterday did a Windows 11 Reset to clean up the system. Went to reinstall FSX and at the very end of the installation get the 1722 error followed by 1603. Microsoft apparently has a...
  5. FSX devoted fan for 16 years! Reinstall Error 1722

FSX devoted fan for 16 years! Reinstall Error 1722: What frustration, 16 years with this a various uninstalls and reinstalls and without a hitch. Yesterday did a Windows 11 Reset to clean up the system. Went to reinstall FSX and at the very end of the installation get the 1722 error followed by 1603. Microsoft apparently has a...
  6. FSX reinstall after WIN10 crash

FSX reinstall after WIN10 crash: After my PC crash and reinstall of WIN10 I now attempted to reinstall FSX. WIN10 version 20H2 Home EditionFSX Gold EditionDownloaded and installed DirectX from a link mentioned in the forum. Message that a more recent Direct X was present so it did not install.Inserted Disk 1...
  7. reinstall FSX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reinstall FSX: I had to uninstall FSX to free up HDD space and now I'm trying to reinstall but I keep getting the Repair or Remove screen followed by Error 1605. I've searched everywhere I can think of but cannot find any trace of FSX, can you help Please?...
  8. Reinstalling FSX-AEP on a clean Windows 10 Install on original Dell Laptop but with new SSD...

Reinstalling FSX-AEP on a clean Windows 10 Install on original Dell Laptop but with new SSD...: I keep getting an activation error on starting up Flight Simulator X FSX after trying to reinstall FSX and the Acceleration Expansion Pack AEP on a clean Windows 10 Install on an original Dell Laptop but with two new SSD drives in a RAID 0 configuration. I had installed FSX...
  9. Why wont my FSX reinstall into windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my FSX reinstall into windows 10: I have just had an update downloaded for Windows 10 and lost my FSX program I have tried to reinstall it but get an error message saying its unable to continue How do in reinstall Microsoft FSX in Windows 10,...
  10. I reinstalled Microsoft FSX. Need to activate to install Acceleration pack. I am running...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I reinstalled Microsoft FSX. Need to activate to install Acceleration pack. I am running...: I reinstalled Microsoft FSX. Need to activate to install Acceleration pack. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-microsoft-fsx-need-to-activate-to/1ff6c219-7cc6-4d28-832a-0976a58e8f9e"