Windows 10: FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter"

Discus and support FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've used FSX Steam edition on my laptop earlier, with no issues. Recently I tried to reinstall it, I'm receiving this error: Error ID = 28 "Unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SudhanshuV, Jan 25, 2019.

1. FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter"

I've used FSX Steam edition on my laptop earlier, with no issues. Recently I tried to reinstall it, I'm receiving this error: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter". I don't use a VPN on my system. How do I resolve this issue? FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter" a36666fb-0975-4702-8578-f02ed49a0a55?upload=true.png

:)

SudhanshuV, Jan 25, 2019

2. Error ID 28: Unable to install message filter

After buying FSX steam edition and installing, for some reason Microsoft visual C++2005 doesn't install. After continuing and trying to launch FSX, I get the error in the title. I can't find a solution anywhere, I need immediate help.

EduardGalea, Jan 25, 2019
  3. FSX Steam Edition Windows 10

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your system not to work properly.
    For better help on FSX Steam Edition game, we would suggest that you contact Steam directly on this
    link.

Jomari Arc, Jan 25, 2019
  4. FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter"

FSX has reverted to Demo Mode after installing FSX Steam Edition

Hello folks. I know this is an pld problem and that some fixes have been suggested, including the PartMgr Registry edit which didn't work for me. I installed SE on the same drive as my FSX installation and immediately after found that my activated FSX Acceleration
    has reverted to Demo Mode. This after several years of fairly stable use of the boxed version. I suspect that the Steam FSX Installer has made unauthorised changes to my FSX Licence file(s) and/or Registry Entries. I can confirm that the FSX SimObjects file
    structure has been changed without any warning during the install process. There was awarning to back up the FSX system files which I did but copying those files back to the FSX folder has not fixed the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue after
    installing the Steam Edition?

I won't point the finger but I wonder who will accept responsibilty for this situation - Microsoft, Dovetail Games or the Steam distributors. Not knowing who programmed the install executable, I don't know if the code was intended to make any change(s) to
    the FSX Boxed files but I'm in no doubt some unauthorised change(s) were made during the SE Install. I would like to ask the Microsoft boffins how I change my Acceleration installation back to its activated mode. I can edit the Windows 10 Registry if needed.

Andrew Watson

Andy_Downunda, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter"

1. FSX Steam Edition: Error ID = 28 "Unable to install message filter" - Similar Threads - FSX Steam Edition

2. FSX Steam Edition API.DLL Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Steam Edition API.DLL Crash: I reinstalled FSX Steam Edition lately, but I have been getting CTDs. Upon checking event viewer, it states that the faulting module is API.DLL with exception code 0xc0000005. I have never experienced this before until I reinstalled FSX yesterday. Is there any way to fix this...
  3. FSX Steam Edition API.DLL Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX Steam Edition API.DLL Crash: I reinstalled FSX Steam Edition lately, but I have been getting CTDs. Upon checking event viewer, it states that the faulting module is API.DLL with exception code 0xc0000005. I have never experienced this before until I reinstalled FSX yesterday. Is there any way to fix this...
  4. Will windows 11 run FSX not flight simulator 2020 but FSX and FSX-SE the steam edition....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 11 run FSX not flight simulator 2020 but FSX and FSX-SE the steam edition....: Wikk WIndows 11 run FSX and FSX-SE steam I am not talking about the new Microsoft 2020 sim. Also will the video editor in 11 cause a problem with Pinnicle studio video editor?Thanks...
  5. Will windows 11 run FSX not flight simulator 2020 but FSX and FSX-SE the steam edition....

Will windows 11 run FSX not flight simulator 2020 but FSX and FSX-SE the steam edition....: Wikk WIndows 11 run FSX and FSX-SE steam I am not talking about the new Microsoft 2020 sim. Also will the video editor in 11 cause a problem with Pinnicle studio video editor?Thanks...
  6. FSX Steam Edition keeps crashing on 16x speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Steam Edition keeps crashing on 16x speed: This only happens on 16x speed for some reason. How would I fix this? Also, i cant click the link to the files.Problem signature:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.62615.0P3: 559f9a9aP4: ai_player.dllP5: 10.0.62615.0P6: 559f9ab4P7: c0000005P8: 00036219P9: P10: Attached files:These files may...
  7. FSX Steam Edition keeps crashing on 16x speed

FSX Steam Edition keeps crashing on 16x speed: This only happens on 16x speed for some reason. How would I fix this? Also, i cant click the link to the files.Problem signature:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.62615.0P3: 559f9a9aP4: ai_player.dllP5: 10.0.62615.0P6: 559f9ab4P7: c0000005P8: 00036219P9: P10: Attached files:These files may...
  8. Error message on install of FSX Deluxe Edition using Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message on install of FSX Deluxe Edition using Win10: I have an older version of FSX . 2006 It used to work fine on my PC, but it now shows a error message, which reads : An error occurred while attempting to activate this product. The Problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling may...
  9. fsx steam edition, toga button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fsx steam edition, toga button: I've set up the buttons on my flight simulator HOTAS so that button 5 is the TOGA button, but selecting that during a go-around doesn't cycle the approach mode back to LNAV as it should 767. Is this option not supported? Thanks,...
  10. FSX Steam third party error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Steam third party error: Hello I installed a FSdream airport and I am getting this error Step 1 - launch windows Error Message reads- flightsimulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add on) the file that is erring is bglmanx.dll Thanks Dave...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fsx Unable to install message filter