Windows 10: FSX turned to demo unexpectedly

Discus and support FSX turned to demo unexpectedly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; l have installed FSX DeLuxe edition on my new laptop on Sept. 2018 successfully and it was working just fine . l did not run it for a couple of months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeorgeGeobas, Jan 26, 2020.

1. FSX turned to demo unexpectedly

l have installed FSX DeLuxe edition on my new laptop on Sept. 2018 successfully and it was working just fine .

l did not run it for a couple of months , and then yesterday Jan 24th , l run it and it worked OK ... but after 30 minutes

l was notified that l was running ..... a demo .

The program does not appear in the control panel "programs and features" , and there is not uninstall.exe in the root

where the program has been installed .

Can you please help

Thanks

:)

GeorgeGeobas, Jan 26, 2020

2. FSX has reverted to Demo Mode after installing FSX Steam Edition

Hello folks. I know this is an pld problem and that some fixes have been suggested, including the PartMgr Registry edit which didn't work for me. I installed SE on the same drive as my FSX installation and immediately after found that my activated FSX Acceleration
    has reverted to Demo Mode. This after several years of fairly stable use of the boxed version. I suspect that the Steam FSX Installer has made unauthorised changes to my FSX Licence file(s) and/or Registry Entries. I can confirm that the FSX SimObjects file
    structure has been changed without any warning during the install process. There was awarning to back up the FSX system files which I did but copying those files back to the FSX folder has not fixed the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue after
    installing the Steam Edition?

I won't point the finger but I wonder who will accept responsibilty for this situation - Microsoft, Dovetail Games or the Steam distributors. Not knowing who programmed the install executable, I don't know if the code was intended to make any change(s) to
    the FSX Boxed files but I'm in no doubt some unauthorised change(s) were made during the SE Install. I would like to ask the Microsoft boffins how I change my Acceleration installation back to its activated mode. I can edit the Windows 10 Registry if needed.

Andrew Watson

Andy_Downunda, Jan 26, 2020
  3. FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX turned to demo unexpectedly

FSX - Activation and Error Codes

Hi Akheel.

I have already done xcopy on the original FSN disks. The files are now on my PC.

Please answer the question on the 8-c0000006 error code. How do I remove it?

Please answer the question on the initial install being listed as Demo even though the product code is displayed. How do I remove the Demo listing. FSX only runs for 30 minutes before shutting down.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards Keith Harris.

Lumpy20, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

FSX turned to demo unexpectedly

1. FSX turned to demo unexpectedly - Similar Threads - FSX turned demo

2. FSX crashes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX crashes unexpectedly: The game will just crash out of the blue when playing FSX. Here's the dump file analysis:******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  3. FSX crashes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX crashes unexpectedly: The game will just crash out of the blue when playing FSX. Here's the dump file analysis:******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  4. FSX becomes demo when running under Microsoft account window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX becomes demo when running under Microsoft account window 10: On window 10, I install Flight Simulator X FSX under local account. No problem with activation. Everything works great. I can play the game for more than 30 minutes. Help and about shows that this is FSX deluxe with product ID. However if I log in under Microsoft...
  5. HideFastUserSwitching Unexpectedly Turned On

in Windows 10 Customization
    HideFastUserSwitching Unexpectedly Turned On: Has anyone been having any issues with HideFastUserSwitching registry being set to 1 unexpectedly? We checked our Group Policy and nothing has been changed. Does anyone know if an update from Microsoft has caused this issue with other people? We began noticing that our...
  6. FSX

in Windows 10 Customization
    FSX: I bought FSX on disc a year or so ago. It came with an acceleration disc. I loaded the FSX discs and the game has been working fine. Last week I thought it was time to add on the acceleration expansion pack. It took a couple of tries, it worked fine but only for 30...
  7. Demo???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Demo???: HI, So I bought my computer from Rent a center. Im not sure if they have remote access to my laptop... However, RAC is still showing under administrator under my Microsoft Log in on the Laoptop. Not for my Microsoft account just my log in to my laptop. How do I get them...
  8. FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off: Hello, I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. It was working properly for some time and suddenly a problem came out. During the flight, simulator freezes and there is loading cursor circle and after about 10 seconds simulator turns off without any...
  9. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: I am unable to register FSX or the Expansion what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx/f4d2ee73-b82a-42e8-b6ce-7ee61cafdc0c
  10. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: Hello. I have the FSX Gold Edition with the 3 discs. Disc 1, Disc 2 and Acceleration Pack. I have both product keys however I have misplaced disc 1 and my new computer has no disc drive. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to install it on my new computer....