Windows 10: fsx under windows 10?

Discus and support fsx under windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; does the fsx run under windows 10 this would interest me because i want to buy the used one on amazon and i heard that it does not always work fsx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DobbyBesitzer, Jun 6, 2020.

1. fsx under windows 10?

does the fsx run under windows 10 this would interest me because i want to buy the used one on amazon and i heard that it does not always work

:)

DobbyBesitzer, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Lumpy20 Win User

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Jun 6, 2020
  3. FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

fsx under windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

fsx under windows 10?

1. fsx under windows 10? - Similar Threads - fsx under

2. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  3. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  4. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  5. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  6. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  7. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  8. FSX becomes demo when running under Microsoft account window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX becomes demo when running under Microsoft account window 10: On window 10, I install Flight Simulator X FSX under local account. No problem with activation. Everything works great. I can play the game for more than 30 minutes. Help and about shows that this is FSX deluxe with product ID. However if I log in under Microsoft...
  9. Product activation error if install FSX under Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product activation error if install FSX under Microsoft account: On window 10, do not install Flight Simulator X under Microsoft account. It will accept product key and says activation successfully. However if you try to run FSX, it will pop up with an error "Production Activation Error. .... the problem may be due to an incomplete...
  10. FSX Windows 10 Screen Freeze under STEAM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FSX Windows 10 Screen Freeze under STEAM: if you have a problem of FSX screen freezing and game still running cause you can hear sound etc... Underclock your unit I lowered my shader to 761 from 1120 works perfectluy for hours on end now 68034