Windows 10: FSX won't launch because of "side by side installation is incorrect"

Discus and support FSX won't launch because of "side by side installation is incorrect" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; These are all the methods I've tried, that haven't worked -Restart computer -Verify game files -Repair steam library -Uninstalling FSX and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aidan O'Kane, Sep 13, 2020.

1. FSX won't launch because of "side by side installation is incorrect"

These are all the methods I've tried, that haven't worked

-Restart computer

-Verify game files

-Repair steam library

-Uninstalling FSX and reinstalling

-Uninstalling FSX and deleting its respective folder from my steam folder and reinstalling

I've found a link to a website that has two files that when downloaded, should fix the issue, but in the comments on that website a comment from 2020 said that this solution doesn't work anymore, so now I'm trying my own method.

When I downloaded FSX the very first time, it asked for my permission to download various other programs to make it run, such as programs like C++. The only reason I can think as to why I'm having this problem is because I didn't allow one of these programs to install, so after launching the game twice, the internal files must have gotten messier and messier.

After uninstalling FSX, these files don't get uninstalled, and I think it's because it isn't the steam download itself, just an extension.

My plan now is to uninstall all the programs that FSX asked me to download, but now I'm unable to find a list on the internet of all the programs it asks you to download. All I need now is that list of programs, so I don't accidentally uninstall a program that has always been on my computer that I need.

:)

Aidan O'Kane, Sep 13, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 13, 2020
  4. machtoo Win User

FSX won't launch because of "side by side installation is incorrect"

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

Resolved...well it took several steps...had to manually search and delete any Microsoft Flight Simulator entry in the registry related specifically to fsx.exe. This allowed the Remove to work from the DVD. Then reinstalled FSX and activated. Launched and it worked. Then I installed the Acceleration pack. Launched and got the activation error again. Went into the registry and looked for the UpperFilters setting in the MS FSX registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS
    \{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and modified it..deleted the partmgr and typed PartMgr and restarted FSX with Accel Pack, it immediately asked for activation and entered the product key and it activated successfully. This was a 24 hour pain.....but back to normal after the 1607 update.

machtoo, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

FSX won't launch because of "side by side installation is incorrect"

1. FSX won't launch because of "side by side installation is incorrect" - Similar Threads - FSX won't launch

2. Side by side incorrect error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by side incorrect error: Hi , I'm having a problem with win10,I can't open any app without aside by side incorrect error, I can't even setup new app to check the PC, I tried every method, nothing works , what should I do...
  3. Side by Side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration is incorrect: I recently downloaded an application, that being a game off of M.U.G.E.N which is a game engine, I downloaded it and tried opening it however I keep getting an error that says the side by side configuration is incorrect. I have no clue what that means or how to fix it and if...
  4. Side by Side Configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by Side Configuration is incorrect: Hi All,I have just down loaded a new program and when I went to open it and use it I got the following The application has failed to start because its side to side configuration is incorrect see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  5. Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect

Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect: hello i wanted to play some games then a error came in it say Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect i try to get visual c++ but when i press it it gave me the same message so please i need help...
  6. Side by side configuration is incorrect

Side by side configuration is incorrect: On nearly every application I get a side by side error. Can't reinstall c++ redist because the installer gives the same error. I checked the registry to make sure the values matched. SFC finds issues but can't fix them. DISM sipts out errors no matter how I try to run it,...
  7. side by side configuration is incorrect

side by side configuration is incorrect: I have had several apps Microsoft Office 2007, Origin, Steam suddenly stop working, all with the same message "This app has failed to launch because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool...
  8. "The application has failed to launch because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

"The application has failed to launch because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.": Hi, Two weeks ago, I built a new PC and installed Windows 10 on it. Everything was running smoothly until yesterday (19th March) when the following happened : - A game that used to work fine (MTGArena) refused to start. Since I've had this problem with this particular...
  9. It failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect: When I tries to run Glary Utilities 5.46, the following error message appears. 'The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail' I had...
  10. "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect": Does anyone know anything about this error message that I'm getting when I'm trying to start Logitech Setpoint in Windows 10 64 bit? Apparently it's relatively common for all sorts of applications. 56309