Windows 10: FSX won't shut down

Discus and support FSX won't shut down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to win 10 pro x64, my FSX and FSX: Steam edition won't shut down completely. I have to use task manager to finish shutting down. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by johnk51, Feb 2, 2016.

1. johnk51 Win User

FSX won't shut down

Since I upgraded to win 10 pro x64, my FSX and FSX: Steam edition won't shut down completely. I have to use task manager to finish shutting down. I've gone to details and looked at the wait chain, but don't know what it is that fsx is waiting for. The last one was: PID 23500 thread 22364. If any one knows what that means I'd appreciate it. I've even just loaded up fsx, then shut it down after it loaded. This didn't happen in win 7 pro x64. I do have some dream fleet, pmdg and other software, and also ANS 4.1.

:)

johnk51, Feb 2, 2016
  2. Chriso747 Win User

FSX Problems with Windows 10

Was your FSX installation in Win10 a fresh installation from the Disks or did you copy it from a another partition or computer? FSX doesn't do well if its folder is copied - it needs a fresh installation. You can read about this here:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/tips/Pages/FSXSP2-BogusErrorMessageonSetup.aspx\

This involves editing the appropriate Registry entry or better still, doing a reinstall.

If doing a fresh install, uninstall FSX, from your Disk 1 and then do a search for FSX in your Search bar to locate & delete any other FSX files in directories and Registry.

Then do a fresh installation, turning off UAC and antivirus temporarily. After installation, run FSX at least once, shut down and exit.

Then install SP1, run FSX and shut down.

Then install either SP2 or acceleration (not both together as you probably know, Acceleration pack contains SP2).

Chriso747, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Eldonw Win User
    Flight Stimulator X not working on Windows 10

Have updated Nvidia GTX 970 to latest Driver 364.72 firmware 2.112.46

No change

FSX splash opens then

Still get "fatal error" and "will shut down"

In control panel in FSX I have no option to repair only uninstall, which I don't really want to do

Eldonw, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

FSX won't shut down

1. FSX won't shut down - Similar Threads - FSX won't shut

2. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  3. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. Computer won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't shut down: I installed a new modem today, and got rid of the older one. This went fine and I'm able to surf and have a private wifi. But, when I clicked "Shut down" from the popup menu, my computer appeared to restart. I had left my desk and then noticed a light was showing behind the...
  6. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  7. my computer won't shut down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my computer won't shut down: when i go to shutdown my computer, the button doesn't work. the other buttons also don't do anything. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-shut-down/130d52fc-8598-4bfb-82fb-ef40a317728e
  8. Won't shut-down completely ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't shut-down completely ..?: Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up Please help .. Thanks 164789
  9. Laptop won't shut down..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't shut down..: Suddenly won't shut down, didn't update Windows 10 or anything. Is it dying? Did a cold shut down, so will try again.. submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htgkpp/laptop_wont_shut_down/
  10. Windows 10 won't shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't shut down.: From some days I'm having issue with windows shutdown.After clicking on shutdown,blue screen appears with shutting down written on it and then screen becomes blank and windows desktop appears. What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fsx is not removed from task manager after fsx shut down