Windows 10: FT230X USB-UART Driver issue

Discus and support FT230X USB-UART Driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I went to update a device Palette 2 I have, but windows could not find a driver for it. It was requiring FT230X USB to UART driver to carry out update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The-Aliensteven, Jan 13, 2021.

1. FT230X USB-UART Driver issue

I went to update a device Palette 2 I have, but windows could not find a driver for it. It was requiring FT230X USB to UART driver to carry out update. After some searching, I found this...

There is an .exe from the https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm site. Use the 'setup executable' as shown on right side of image.

It worked first go.

FT230X USB-UART Driver issue 0f6a5296-477e-4933-af5d-f64593c4016e?upload=true.png

:)

The-Aliensteven, Jan 13, 2021
  2. MustBob Win User

USB to UART driver problem

Since upgrading to Win 10 from Win7 I can no longer us a Data Acquisition device that uses a USB to UART controller. Nothing has changed hardware wise. Ran fine before the upgrade and still runs fine on my desktop running Win 7. I have already sent an email
    to the vendor. Doubtful I will get a reply as they are a small company in Japan.

I have tried installing generic Windows USB to UART drivers re-installed the vendors driver, run the program in Win 7 compatibility mode. Device Manager says everything with the COM port is running fine. Still get an error when initiating the device.

I just looked at the Driver File Versions in Device Manager and both the usbser.sys and serenum.sys are different different than on my Win 7 machine. Pretty sure this is the problem. So how can I revert to the older file version? Or does someone have another
    suggestion?

MustBob, Jan 13, 2021
  3. MustBob Win User
    USB to UART driver problem

1. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop Model no. PSK1EC 03E00Q

2. The Data logger is very primitive. All I get is "Error" when I try to log. The USB - UART chip is a Alcor Micro AU9720.

3. There have been no hardware changes on either end since Win10 was installed.

Turns out I figured out the problem and a fix. The issue is with the usbser.sys driver. The file version is different than what is on Win 7. So I copied the file from Win 7, changed permissions to allow unsigned drivers, and copied the file into Windows/system32/drivers
    directory and presto it is working again. So something has changed in the new Win10 file version.

I'll check out the other suggestions too.

MustBob, Jan 13, 2021
  4. FT230X USB-UART Driver issue

usb to uart bridge controller driver cp2102,

need a usb to uart bridge controller driver cp2102, says it's not installed for garmin gps device

philmoore3, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

FT230X USB-UART Driver issue

1. FT230X USB-UART Driver issue - Similar Threads - FT230X USB UART

2. FTDI 232 UART USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FTDI 232 UART USB Device: Windows 10 I am a new Ham Radio operator and bought a dual band radio. It came with a USB dongle to install a driver and to use with software to download frequencies into my radio. I plugged the dongle in and it said it had installed and was ready. I am using Chirp...
  3. Bluetooth / USB issue with Windows drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth / USB issue with Windows drivers?: I recently built a PC (a few months ago) and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home (64bit). I have this really weird Bluetooth issue where the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse work perfectly for a while (15-30 minutes?) and then suddenly both devices stop working completely....
  4. USB Tethering Driver Issues

USB Tethering Driver Issues: Hello I am currently doing online learning, and my internet is super slow, so the school sent us some Verizon Jetpack hotspots. The model I have is the 8800L on an unlimited plan. I don't know the password to the device, as it's meant to auto-connect to my chromebook, but I...
  5. Usb sound driver issue

Usb sound driver issue: Hi, I have a soundblaster Katana and g6 plugged in via usb to a usb hub. Alot of the time when i boot the pc there is no sound except generic windows noises. Every time i have to troubleshoot the device and reinstall the current driver and reboot the pc for sound to come...
  6. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device: Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers...
  7. USB driver issues in MTK devices.

USB driver issues in MTK devices.: Hello everyone, i`m having issue in my windows 10 laptop, whenever i try to connect my smartphone to laptop it did not connect. My phone is Redmi Note 8 pro MTK G90T can any one help me to fix this issue... Thank you In advance.....
  8. Windows 10 - USB Driver Issues

Windows 10 - USB Driver Issues: Hello, We use Ingenico iSC250 card reader (USB connection) to take payments from our customers with our point of sale solution in Windows 10. Till Windows 8.1, everything seems fine but after upgrading to Windows 10, it seems like Windows 10 USB drivers are taking...
  9. USB driver issue

USB driver issue: I meet the usb not work. After I try to renew the driver , and check the log . It is as below: >>> [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - USB\VID_0000&PID_0538\5&2C27A5E&0&1] >>> Section start 2018/07/30 14:18:22.002 cmd: "C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc"...
  10. Driver Issue - 2x2 USB Dongle

Driver Issue - 2x2 USB Dongle: Hi all, I'm having some issues trying to source and locate a Driver for a Wi-Fi module. The module itself is a 2x2 USB Wifi Dongle, made by a company called Wistron NeWeb. The background behind all of this is, I'm currently sorting out my partners dad's computer for...