Windows 10: FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies

Discus and support FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Federal Trade Commission issued Special Orders to five large technology firms, requiring them to provide information about prior acquisitions not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies

Source: FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies | Federal Trade Commission

:)

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

United States FTC Cracks Down on Predatory Warranty Conditions

The Federal Trade Commission staff has sent warning letters to six major companies that market and sell automobiles, cellular devices, and video gaming systems in the United States.

The letters warn that FTC staff has concerns about the companies' statements that consumers must use specified parts or service providers to keep their warranties intact. Unless warrantors provide the parts or services for free or receive a waiver from the FTC, such statements generally are prohibited by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law that governs consumer product warranties. Similarly, such statements may be deceptive under the FTC Act.

FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies CC945bGlpkWyMQG2_thm.jpg

Each company used different language, but here are examples of questionable provisions:
    • The use of [company name] parts is required to keep your . . . manufacturer's warranties and any extended warranties intact.
    • This warranty shall not apply if this product . . . is used with products not sold or licensed by [company name].
    • This warranty does not apply if this product . . . has had the warranty seal on the [product] altered, defaced, or removed.
    "Provisions that tie warranty coverage to the use of particular products or services harm both consumers who pay more for them as well as the small businesses who offer competing products and services," said Thomas B. Pahl, Acting Director of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

FTC staff has requested that each company review its promotional and warranty materials to ensure that such materials do not state or imply that warranty coverage is conditioned on the use of specific parts of services. In addition, FTC staff requests that each company revise its practices to comply with the law. The letters state that FTC staff will review the companies' websites after 30 days and that failure to correct any potential violations may result in law enforcement action.

The Federal Trade Commission works to promote competition, and protect and educate consumers. You can learn more about consumer topics and file a consumer complaint online or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357). Like the FTC on Facebook (link is external), follow us on Twitter (link is external), read our blogs and subscribe to press releases for the latest FTC news and resources.

btarunr, Feb 12, 2020
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Feb 12, 2020
  4. FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies

Help with heat sink thermal paste for h100i 1800x

Use the paste you brought. Also I would have suggest artic x4 unless yours is better but yes use yours.

Actually check the temp with the factory standard factory paste first and list the temps

SanityGaming, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies

1. FTC to Examine Past Acquisitions by Large Technology Companies - Similar Threads - FTC Examine Past

2. copy and paste fails to start for large data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy and paste fails to start for large data: I have a large collection of music files in folders that I tried to copy from my USB drive to an external SSD using a client's computer.Copy and paste worked fine for individual foldersHowever when I tried to copy and paste all or a significant subset - say A - E as...
  3. copy and paste fails to start for large data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy and paste fails to start for large data: I have a large collection of music files in folders that I tried to copy from my USB drive to an external SSD using a client's computer.Copy and paste worked fine for individual foldersHowever when I tried to copy and paste all or a significant subset - say A - E as...
  4. Share store acquisition with the family

Share store acquisition with the family: HelloI have a family set up in Microsoft me+my son, each with Microsoft account and sharing the same device/laptop. I have also Family Safety set up for him with some limitations - for games is the 16 years limit. I purchased on my account from Microsoft Store the game Age of...
  5. When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,: When copying and pasting large files or playing games, blue screen is easy to appearhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdOH8kozuEwpGTYYvyF2iYL8idj_PX7j/view?usp=sharing...
  6. When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,

When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,: When copying and pasting large files or playing games, blue screen is easy to appearhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdOH8kozuEwpGTYYvyF2iYL8idj_PX7j/view?usp=sharing...
  7. When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Please help examining minidump-files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help examining minidump-files: Hello,Can anyone assist in examining these 4 minidump files? 4 BSOD's started happening in the last weeks. I try to figure out what could be the cause of the Stopcode: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT at least today we made a picture of the BSOD. I don't know what the previous messages on...
  9. Windows Image Acquisition not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Image Acquisition not working: Windows Image Acquisition is always having trouble working. It keeps on stopping, and stopping, and filling my reliability monitor. Is there anyway I can fix this? Here is an image of it not working: [ATTACH] -WarriorYT...
  10. Is Supportbuds Technologies a legitamate company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Supportbuds Technologies a legitamate company: Is Supportbuds Technologies a legitamate company? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/supportbuds/88cadca1-074c-4ae2-84a9-11c5b3f48807