Windows 10: FTP Access IIS

Discus and support FTP Access IIS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarcRaetchii, Jun 24, 2020.

1. FTP Access IIS

Hi

I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could not log in to the FTP server with the username and password specified.

Steps that I have gone through when setting up FTP:

• Created ftp folder and set up FTP server
    • specified path to the folder
    • did not use SSL
    • specified IP
    • Created new windows user and added this user to FTP authorisation Rules
    • Excluded FTP from firewall
    • Allowed new user access to the folder itself

Tried to access using both file directory and internet explorer
    Did not enable port triggering in the router as was only planning to use FTP locally

I would highly appreciate your help

:)

MarcRaetchii, Jun 24, 2020

2. IIS FTP not accessible on other computers locally

I have already opened all needed ports on Windows Firewall.
    I am also running an FTP site on IIS to serve the files.
    Still, I am unable to get to this server via other computers on my local network. I only intend to run my server on the local network. How can I fix this?

A reply:
    I am getting a "not able to load page" or "page timeout" or "page not found" on other computers. I have no idea what version IIS is, but I am running the latest version of Windows 10 on my host machine. My client(s) are only running macOS.
    The version of macOS they are using is the latest version of macOS Mojave. They are able to view other FTP sites on the Internet clearly. They can access this server on the local network, shown in Finder as "xxx-pc".

tussiez200, Jun 24, 2020
  3. How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

Please help me I'm desperate...I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have set up an FTP Server using IIS on Win10.

1. Permissions, firewall works fine on lan, but outside I can't seem to access it.

2. I have port forwarded the server and also the passive data port range, but I get no directory listing error.

3. I saw many people fixed it by assigning external router IP but I don't know how and also I have a ddns setup.

Can someone help? Please.

erikbraun1242, Jun 24, 2020
  4. borgus Win User

FTP Access IIS

FTP accessibility

Thanks for the feedback.

The FTP directory is mapped in Explorer, which displays all of its files. They just won't open in IE or Edge. However, they can be copied to the drive and opened with the appropriate app.

Internet options are configured as suggested in your link.

borgus, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

FTP Access IIS

1. FTP Access IIS - Similar Threads - FTP Access IIS

2. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  3. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  4. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  5. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  6. Windows 10 firewall FTP access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall FTP access: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2FTP running on desktopHave default rules and intermittently the access via Private will get blocked. Why?Please don't respond unless you are familiar with ftp and the rulesSee log and screen shots below2021-08-17 14:47:16 DROP TCP 68.241.41.222...
  7. Can't access FTP folder on Windows

Can't access FTP folder on Windows: I'm trying to transfer some files from my PC to my Amazon firestick. On the firestick I downloaded ES File Explorer File Manager and activated the remote access. When I copy the ftp link on my web browser I get the "your internet access is blocked" error and when trying to...
  8. How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10: Please help me I'm desperate...I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have set up an FTP Server using IIS on Win10. 1. Permissions, firewall works fine on lan, but outside I can't seem to access it. 2. I have port forwarded the server and also the passive data port...
  9. FTP accessibility

in Browsers and Email
    FTP accessibility: Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers? 83588
  10. FTP Access through File Explorer

FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...