Windows 10: FTP accessibility

Discus and support FTP accessibility in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by borgus, May 4, 2017.

1. borgus Win User

FTP accessibility

Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username

Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers?

:)

borgus, May 4, 2017

2. How to login to a FTP server with specific user account by Edge ?

I think FTP access not included in EDGE. You can use "Open with Internet Explorer", and hit 'Alt' key to access the task window - select View and choose Open FTP site with File Explorer. Or you can use command prompt and open ftp site using command : ftp
    <url>

I feel better to use a ftp client instead for a better access.

Prabodha Kumar, May 4, 2017
  3. Open FTP site in File explorer not working in windows 10

After updating Windows 10 to version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483), I lost FTP access through File Explorer.

Whenever I type ftp url, it opens up IE and tried to access FTP site. It then becomes temperamental. FTP download may work or it pops up with authentication screen. Once it pops up authentication screen, there is no way to download from FTP site.

Kiran Manandhar, May 4, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

FTP accessibility

I agree with your testing results but I had to add FireFTP to get Firefox to work.

This Edge / IEworkaround may be outdated:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-81c9a8d54107

Why not just start using FileZilla. Its fee and easy to use and it is not browser dependent?

5. borgus Win User
    Thanks for the feedback.

The FTP directory is mapped in Explorer, which displays all of its files. They just won't open in IE or Edge. However, they can be copied to the drive and opened with the appropriate app.

Internet options are configured as suggested in your link.

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FTP accessibility

1. FTP accessibility - Similar Threads - FTP accessibility

2. Access denies message when transferring backup files to ftp server, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denies message when transferring backup files to ftp server, how to fix?: So, I have an FTP server to house my backups of my PC. I have the backups automatically stored on a usb drive and when I try to transfer the files over to the server, the error message 'Access denied' keeps popping up. It worked once to transfer the files, but now...
  3. Access denies message when transferring backup files to ftp server, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denies message when transferring backup files to ftp server, how to fix?: So, I have an FTP server to house my backups of my PC. I have the backups automatically stored on a usb drive and when I try to transfer the files over to the server, the error message 'Access denied' keeps popping up. It worked once to transfer the files, but now...
  4. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?: We have a Windows 10 Pro system and have enabled HyperV on it. We then created a Windows 10 Pro guest VM. What we would like to do is to RDP to the guest VM from the host and also be able to use FTP to the guest VM to download files from the guest to the host. We have...
  5. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?: We have a Windows 10 Pro system and have enabled HyperV on it. We then created a Windows 10 Pro guest VM. What we would like to do is to RDP to the guest VM from the host and also be able to use FTP to the guest VM to download files from the guest to the host. We have...
  6. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  8. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  9. Windows 10 firewall FTP access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall FTP access: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2FTP running on desktopHave default rules and intermittently the access via Private will get blocked. Why?Please don't respond unless you are familiar with ftp and the rulesSee log and screen shots below2021-08-17 14:47:16 DROP TCP 68.241.41.222...
  10. Trouble accessing accounts on a Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble accessing accounts on a Windows 10 FTP server: After enabling file/printer sharing, I at least get ping replies from the Win 10 computer, but I'm still not able to log on its FTP accounts. If I use the command-line FTP tool on Windows XP, it says "Connected to host", but I get no login prompt. If I test via Microsoft Edge...