Windows 10: FTP accessibility

Discus and support FTP accessibility in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by borgus, May 4, 2017.

1. borgus Win User

FTP accessibility

Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username

Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers?

:)

borgus, May 4, 2017

2. How to login to a FTP server with specific user account by Edge ?

I think FTP access not included in EDGE. You can use "Open with Internet Explorer", and hit 'Alt' key to access the task window - select View and choose Open FTP site with File Explorer. Or you can use command prompt and open ftp site using command : ftp
    <url>

I feel better to use a ftp client instead for a better access.

Prabodha Kumar, May 4, 2017
  3. Open FTP site in File explorer not working in windows 10

After updating Windows 10 to version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483), I lost FTP access through File Explorer.

Whenever I type ftp url, it opens up IE and tried to access FTP site. It then becomes temperamental. FTP download may work or it pops up with authentication screen. Once it pops up authentication screen, there is no way to download from FTP site.

Kiran Manandhar, May 4, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

FTP accessibility

I agree with your testing results but I had to add FireFTP to get Firefox to work.

This Edge / IEworkaround may be outdated:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-81c9a8d54107

Why not just start using FileZilla. Its fee and easy to use and it is not browser dependent?

5. borgus Win User
    Thanks for the feedback.

The FTP directory is mapped in Explorer, which displays all of its files. They just won't open in IE or Edge. However, they can be copied to the drive and opened with the appropriate app.

Internet options are configured as suggested in your link.

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FTP accessibility

1. FTP accessibility - Similar Threads - FTP accessibility

2. G6 FTP Server and Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    G6 FTP Server and Windows 1903: Since update 1903 the G6 FTP Server program no longer works in legacy mode (that is it can not send file list in CP1251 codepage) This used to work fine in all previous Win10 and earlier windows version. Now it is locked to UTF8 or something like that, and all Cyrillic file...
  3. Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android

Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android: I have a network location shortcut which directs to my Android mobile phone using FTP. I used to be able to start the FTP server on my phone and then click on that shortcut to access the file system on my phone. Now when I click on this shortcut I get an error about an...
  4. How to add specific users to access an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add specific users to access an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Now that we have successfully hosted an FTP Server, configured its connections to pass through Windows Firewall, set up the FTP server to be accessed via an external network and enabled browsing and updating files on the FTP Server, we [...] This post How to...
  5. Create an FTP Server on Windows 10 to be accessed via an External Network

in Windows 10 News
    Create an FTP Server on Windows 10 to be accessed via an External Network: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After we have set up an FTP Server on a Windows 10 computer, it will be accessible within a Local Network. But if you wish to access the hosted files remotely, it brings in some limitations. To overcome these limitations and [...] This post Create an FTP...
  6. Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side

Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side: We have a user who is using windows 10 on both their computer and their virtual machine. When trying to transfer files back and forth between computers with our FTP, the user is unable to access their files on the virtual machine only their local computer. It will show up in...
  7. FTP Server can not access some HDDs

FTP Server can not access some HDDs: I have enabled the built in FTP server in Windows 10. In the IIS console I have set up access to all 4 of my HDDs(Win 10 x64 runs on an SSD) but only 2 of them are visible. I have made sure my account has ownership of the drives and has sufficient permissions. What would...
  8. How do I access the MICROSOFT FTP server?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I access the MICROSOFT FTP server?: Hello, I would like to access the microsoft FTP server but have found no way of doing it. Going into a browser and typing ftp.microsoft.com doesnt work and this happens [img] (i have hidden all the stuff related to me) So if you beautiful people of the windows 10 fourms...
  9. FTP Access through File Explorer

FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...
  10. Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer: I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list. Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option...