Windows 10: FTP broken after windows update

Discus and support FTP broken after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using 2 FTP programs (Coffee cup direct ftp, and intersoft ftp navigator) on my HP laptop since I got it. A few weeks ago I got a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Johnme10, May 1, 2019.

1. Johnme10 Win User

FTP broken after windows update

I have been using 2 FTP programs (Coffee cup direct ftp, and intersoft ftp navigator) on my HP laptop since I got it.

A few weeks ago I got a windows update and now neither of them work.

They open and act like they are connecting to the server but thats as far as they get.

In the end the servers panel is just an empty pane where the files should display.

I tried them on my wifes computer and they still work fine on her system. and our desktop, again it works fine on it.

I'm pretty convinced the update did it. I tried disabling windows defender and macafee.

I tried restoring to the restore point before the update but then my laptop wouldn't start. So I had to put it back to after the update again to get my laptop working again.

I really need my ftp programs. I use them all the time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks FTP broken after windows update :)

John

:)

Johnme10, May 1, 2019

2. FTP Client

Does anyone know if there is any way of using FTP with the Kin TWOm? If I try to specify FTP:// in the browser window it tells me it is an unsupported protocol. Oddly, when I go into the service menu there are some FTP parameters in there.

gkamieneski, May 1, 2019
  3. Jmarco0921, May 1, 2019
  4. FTP broken after windows update

FTP stopped working after update

I had created an FTP on my Windows 10 PC to allow motion detection security cameras videos to be downloaded and stored. The IP camera video downloads were being stored perfectly to the FTP when suddenly it stopped. When I did a test connection from the camera
    to the FTP it came back with unable to connect. I reviewed the settings and was not able to find any issues with the camera setup or the FTP. I contacted the IP camera manufacturer and they downloaded new firmware to the camera. Still, the camera would not
    connect to the FTP. The camera support tech connected to my PC and reviewed all the camera setting and found no problems. He then ran a test and determined the FTP was not working. So, I deleted the existing FTP and recreated it from scratch but still no change.
    I searched the internet for possible problems but could not find any matches to my issue. I have recreated the FTP multiple times following step by step direction from Window guides. I then remembered that my PC had received a few updates about the time the
    FTP stopped working. I have looked at the updates and found updates, in the picture attached, which had been installed around the time frame the FTP stopped working. My question is, are there any settings or options that I can make to fix my problem or can
    I reverse the updates without having to do a full reinstall?

FTP broken after windows update cfd405e6-272d-492e-b0d9-165c99db386a?upload=true.jpg

Going crazyDS, May 1, 2019
Thema:

FTP broken after windows update

1. FTP broken after windows update - Similar Threads - FTP broken update

2. windows 11 broken after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 broken after update: so last night i updated windows 11, and after i start up my pc task bar won't show up it just keeps loading, can't access computer properties or settings, can't even open some of the default applications. Please help...
  3. windows 11 broken after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 broken after update: so last night i updated windows 11, and after i start up my pc task bar won't show up it just keeps loading, can't access computer properties or settings, can't even open some of the default applications. Please help...
  4. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  5. Windows broken after update

Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  6. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  8. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  9. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. SSD broken after Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD broken after Windows Update?: Hey, yesterday I was trying to update Windows 10 to the newest version, which for some reason failed, therefore it went back to the version I had installed before trying to update, which was version 1803 I believe I didn't update in quite some time. The first thing I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 update stopped ftp site

2. windows 10 update breaking FTP

3. after windows 1903 update ie ftp wont open ftp site

4. ftp service not working after windows update,
  5. ftp stopped working with windows update,
  6. windows 10 update broke ftp,
  7. windows update FTP