Windows 10: FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10

Discus and support FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a ftp folder in Windows 10. The ftp folder doesn't auto refresh. I need to press F5 to make it fresh. Even I close the folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kenchoi.tsb, Aug 2, 2020.

1. FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10

Hi all,

I have a ftp folder in Windows 10. The ftp folder doesn't auto refresh. I need to press F5 to make it fresh. Even I close the folder and reopen it, the folder didn't refresh itself. However, the folder can auto refresh in Windows 7. Is it a default behaviour for Windows 10 or some configuration problem? I have followed many advice on auto-refresh file explorer but no luck. Anyone can help?

Thanks,

Ken.

:)

kenchoi.tsb, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2020
  3. FTP Access IIS

Hi

I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of
    my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could not log in to the FTP server with the username and password specified.

Steps that I have gone through when setting up FTP:

• Created ftp folder and set up FTP server
    • specified path to the folder
    • did not use SSL
    • specified IP
    • Created new windows user and added this user to FTP authorisation Rules
    • Excluded FTP from firewall
    • Allowed new user access to the folder itself
    Tried to access using both file directory and internet explorer

Did not enable port triggering in the router as was only planning to use FTP locally

I would highly appreciate your help

MarcRaetchii, Aug 2, 2020
  4. FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10

Windows 10 Folder Auto Refreshes to Fast

Hello Troy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while access the files and folders, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing files or viruses on the device.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows Defender and check.

Step 2: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10

1. FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - FTP folder auto

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  5. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  6. Windows 10 auto refresh in browsers and explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 auto refresh in browsers and explorer: Since January 14, 2021, after self-updating window 10, I have noticed each time I go to type in a website address or type within a webpage text box eg form the browser will refresh itself and I have to re click on the box and type again. This is especially annoying when...
  7. Auto refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto refresh: Hi i am hoping you can help. Basically at work we have what i believe is a cerridge system to book cars in on a digital diary. What i want to do is have the digital diary up on screen for the techs to see what to do. As an example if on Saturday i have booked a job from...
  8. Our network Drive folders are not auto refreshing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Our network Drive folders are not auto refreshing.: We are having issues where our network drive folders are not auto-refreshing. When we save a new Doc or make a change the file will go down to the bottom of the list. It seems that this is only happening on our network folder. I tried doing the same thing on the C:\Temp...
  9. 1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh

1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh: So I recently updated Windows 10 (yes I know "MY" mistake) and its been updating several times since. All this in the past week or so TODAY after an update restart my folders no longer auto update I know its ODD that somebody uses their PC to make a living BUT I do,...
  10. Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing: I've tried every solution that I could find online, including: Check for Windows updates: Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates [Done] Restart File Explorer (explorer.exe): Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) -> Processes tab -> Right-click Windows Explorer ->...