Windows 10: FTP is driving me crazy

Discus and support FTP is driving me crazy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required. 1. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fortitude, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Fortitude Win User

FTP is driving me crazy

I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required.

1. I can access the server using the FTP feature of Directory Opus with no apparent limitations.
    2. I can connect to the server, but I cannot get a directory listing with FileZilla (portable). It times out. I increased the timeout setting, but still without success. FileZilla's firewall and router configuration wizard also does not complete the test. It hangs at the point where a file listing should be received.
    3. I can connect to the server using WinSCP (portable and installed versions), but again no directory listing can be received and the connection stops.

4. I connected with no problem using WS FTP Professional (free trial).

5. I tried FileZilla and WinSCP on another device, but again I couldn't connect.

I tried disabling Windows Firewall, but it makes no difference.
    I tried disabling the Firewall settings on my router, but again there is no difference.

So the mystery for me is why I can connect to the server with some software, but not with other programs.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro v.2004.

:)

Fortitude, Jul 27, 2020

2. FTP Access IIS

Hi

I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of
    my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could not log in to the FTP server with the username and password specified.

Steps that I have gone through when setting up FTP:

• Created ftp folder and set up FTP server
    • specified path to the folder
    • did not use SSL
    • specified IP
    • Created new windows user and added this user to FTP authorisation Rules
    • Excluded FTP from firewall
    • Allowed new user access to the folder itself
    Tried to access using both file directory and internet explorer

Did not enable port triggering in the router as was only planning to use FTP locally

I would highly appreciate your help

MarcRaetchii, Jul 27, 2020
  3. FTP Client

Does anyone know if there is any way of using FTP with the Kin TWOm? If I try to specify FTP:// in the browser window it tells me it is an unsupported protocol. Oddly, when I go into the service menu there are some FTP parameters in there.

gkamieneski, Jul 27, 2020
  4. FTP is driving me crazy

Map FTP Directory as a Drive

FTP works great with win 10 and this solution is accurate. When you go to This PC (old computer) choose computer at the top you will find Map network drive there just select the bottom option and follow the steps. It's in the same place just use your instinct
    next time.

Grzegorz Dudziec, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

FTP is driving me crazy

1. FTP is driving me crazy - Similar Threads - FTP driving crazy

2. My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.: About two month ago or so, my keyboard started acting crazy, it kept on throwing the letter P repeatedly. I went online and did everything i could find, this website or should i say community included, and it was still the thing. I had actually gave up then, then one day i...
  3. My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.: About two month ago or so, my keyboard started acting crazy, it kept on throwing the letter P repeatedly. I went online and did everything i could find, this website or should i say community included, and it was still the thing. I had actually gave up then, then one day i...
  4. BSOD driving me crazy!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD driving me crazy!: Hi all, I keep getting random BSOD with - KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED which is super vague. This is on a fresh install of windows, both hard drives wiped, and only installing on a Sandisk SSD with Windows 10. It is an older computer that used to run windows 7, but the...
  5. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  6. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  7. Bsod driving me crazy !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod driving me crazy !!!: DESKTOP-UUDJIR1-(2020-09-28_20-21-00).zip - Google Drive Win Ver. 2004( OS Build 19041.508) Any help will be trully appreciated !!! Ty. 165400
  8. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  9. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...
  10. Not Sandboxed driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Sandboxed driving me crazy: I installed AOL Gold and it seemed like it was gone. Now now only is it on AOL. but chrome, Facebook, etc. It is flashing more now than ever. If it is not sandboxed can I get it sandboxed? Can it be turned on or off? [img] 108883