Windows 10: FTP No Longer in Explorer

Discus and support FTP No Longer in Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a few of my modded consoles use FTP. I prefer managing them through Windows Explorer, which worked for sometime. However, it has stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brokentechnologyx, Mar 13, 2020.

1. FTP No Longer in Explorer

So a few of my modded consoles use FTP. I prefer managing them through Windows Explorer, which worked for sometime. However, it has stopped working. Each time I attempt to open an FTP site, it pops-up with "How do you want to open this?".

Googling has turned up several with the same problem, but in typical Microsoft fashion, no one has any resolution (or the usual "use a ftp program like filezilla").

Hoping Reddit has some thoughts on how to remedy this.

submitted by /u/brokentechnologyx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brokentechnologyx, Mar 13, 2020

2. FTP security issues using Internet Explorer and File Explorer Connections

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which version of Internet Explorer?
    • Which FTP site are you trying to open?

This issue can be caused, when you try to access the FTP site from behind a Web proxy firewall such as the Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server firewall.

If you are using Internet Explorer to access the FTP site, I would suggest you check the Internet Explorer FTP client settings.

How to change the Internet Explorer FTP Client mode

• Start Internet Explorer.
    • Press the Alt key and On the Tools menu, click
      Internet Options
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Browsing, click the Enable folder view for FTP sites check box.
    • Click OK.
    • Close Internet Explorer.
    Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Open FTP site Via File Explorer

I use these steps:

To create a shortcut to open an FTP site in Windows Explorer

• Open Computer by clicking the Start button
      FTP No Longer in Explorer [​IMG]
      , and then clicking Computer.

• Right-click anywhere in the folder, and then click Add a Network Location.

• This displays the Add Network Connection wizard. Click Next.

• In the wizard, select Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.

• Enter the name of the FTP site, with the full FTP:// in front of it, and then click Next.

• To use a name and password, clear the Log on anonymously check box. Type a user name, and then click Next.

• By default, the name of the shortcut is the same as the FTP address. If you want to give the shortcut a different name, type it in the Type a name for this network location box. Click Next.

• If you do not want the FTP site to open after you're done setting up the shortcut, clear the Open this network location when I click Finish check box. Click Finish. A shortcut to
      the FTP site appears in the Computer folder. You can drag that shortcut to your desktop so that it's easy to find later.

I use my phone as FTP server and connect to PC via Router.

These step working perfectly in WIn7. But since i upgraded to Win10. I am not able to open the FTP site into File Explorer. FTP site opening perfectly in Browser. I also tried View> Open FTP in File Explorer. But nothing happened after clicking that link
    option.

ThunderStrom, Mar 13, 2020
  4. IanSawyer Win User

FTP No Longer in Explorer

Can no longer open ftp files in wondows 10

Since upgrading from Windows 8 to 10 I can no longer open ftp files in file explorer. Edge doesn't even open the ftp site but even using internet explorer when choosing the view option 'open ftp in windows explorer' nothing happens.

Any advice?

IanSawyer, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

FTP No Longer in Explorer

1. FTP No Longer in Explorer - Similar Threads - FTP Longer Explorer

2. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?: Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I wanted to just change the default protocol app to windows explore but I can't windows 10 does not consider explore an App what...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  5. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.

Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.: I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I used to open FTP in File Explorer about 2-3 months ago I am not sure about the version of Windows at that moment. But today when I paste the FTP address into address bar of File Explorer, the link opened in IE instead. All my...
  7. Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP

Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP: I need to use Registry to change the internet setting when installing software to avoid the Window Explore FTP get cache's old file. here is the registry location...
  8. FTP accessibility

in Browsers and Email
    FTP accessibility: Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers? 83588
  9. FTP Access through File Explorer

FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...
  10. Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer: I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list. Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows Enable folder view for FTP sites