Windows 10: FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't connect to most FTP servers after upgrading to Win10 from Win7. Worked fine on Win7. I'm using Win10 Pro, version 1909, 64bit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ray MJ, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ray MJ Win User

FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10

I can't connect to most FTP servers after upgrading to Win10 from Win7. Worked fine on Win7.

I'm using Win10 Pro, version 1909, 64bit. Installed/updated on 1/5/21.

Windows 10 Firewall is completely turned off. No other 3rd party firewall on the system.

FileZilla:
    - Any FTP site I try to connect to times out after 20 seconds, "cannot connect to server".

Same with CyberDuck.

File Explorer:
    - ftp.<mysite>.com: Gives FTP Folder Error: "Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: The FTP session was terminated"

- ftp.microsoft.com: Same error, but "A connection with the server could not be established"

- ftp.hp.com: This one will connect and let me browse.

Been looking for a solution and trying things for over 24hrs with no luck. Any help appreciated.

:)

Ray MJ, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 13, 2021
  4. FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10

Jmarco0921, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10

1. FTP Problems After Upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - FTP Problems Upgrade

2. FTP will not connect after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FTP will not connect after upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After upgrade from Windows 10 to 11, FileZilla will not connect. It does connect via VPN though. It means Windows upgrade created some TLS connectivity issue. I am getting the following in FTP: Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...Response:...
  3. FTP will not connect after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FTP will not connect after upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After upgrade from Windows 10 to 11, FileZilla will not connect. It does connect via VPN though. It means Windows upgrade created some TLS connectivity issue. I am getting the following in FTP: Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...Response:...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  5. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  6. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  8. Problem with FTP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with FTP: several times File transferring betweem my computers suddenly canceled while my files was transferring. Why? I'm sure my router has no problem. submitted by /u/navid_sp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fx4yga/problem_with_ftp/
  9. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  10. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...