Windows 10: Ftp upload issues with windows 10

Discus and support Ftp upload issues with windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our church only has dsl avaliable to the area, so we currently have 8 runs of 25up 5down dsl from telus bonded by skyway west. It works decently all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamJorgensen1, May 18, 2019.

1. Ftp upload issues with windows 10

Our church only has dsl avaliable to the area, so we currently have 8 runs of 25up 5down dsl from telus bonded by skyway west. It works decently all except for one thing our ftp uploads are very slow 250kb/s downloads are fine. It is a windows only issue and upload speeds are 6Mb /s on Mac and Linux Machines. We've tried it on 4 windows video editing machines all very good specs and all about the same speed. We've swapped out network cards in them and still the same issues. We ran a Linux live CD on one of the windows pcs and under the Linux os we got very good upload (7mbs), which confirms it wasn't any of the hardware, network cables etc. Here are the troubleshooting steps we've tried.

Dissable Qos CHANGE mtu size Active/passive ftp Different clients (Filezilla is our main client) Ascii / Bianary transfer Force 100 full duplex Different network cards Sfc scannow Windows network troubleshooter Using Google dns

OH and speedtest. Net give us 180/40 wich is expected. Just ftp seems to be suffering and only on windows.

:)

WilliamJorgensen1, May 18, 2019

2. ftp upload issues with Windows 10

I am getting retry errors trying to upload some webpages from Serif WebPlusX7 with Windows 10 and failed uploads for pages I try to upload from Filezila - ftp opensource program.

I have successfully used Serif WebPlus for many years and never expereinced these retry errors.

Serif think it may be an issue with Windows Firewall. I have allowed WebPlusX7 in Windows Firewall.

Any ideas what maybe stopping some pages or images uploading via ftp with Windows 10?

AElizabethF, May 18, 2019
  3. Jmarco0921, May 18, 2019
  4. Ftp upload issues with windows 10

Upload to FTP site

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps:

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click anywhere in the folder, and then click Add a Network Location.

3. This displays the Add Network Connection wizard. Click Next.

4. In the wizard, select Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.

5. Enter the name of the FTP site, with the full FTP: // in front of it, and then click Next.

6. To use a name and password, clear the Log on anonymously check box. Type a user name, and then click next.

7. By default, the name of the shortcut is the same as the FTP address. If you want to give the shortcut a different name, type it in the Type a name for this network location box. Click Next.

8. If you do not want the FTP site to open after you're done setting up the shortcut, clear the Open this network location when I click Finish check box. Click Finish. A shortcut to the FTP site appears in the Computer folder. You can drag that shortcut to
    your desktop so that it's easy to find later.

If the issue still persist I suggest you to post your query in TechNet forum for further assistances

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh_Babu, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Ftp upload issues with windows 10

1. Ftp upload issues with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ftp upload issues

2. Windows 10 internet upload issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 internet upload issue: Google speed test on my wired desktop and another one also using Windows 10 shows 90 MPS download and 1 MPS upload speed while other boxes on the same home network running both Windows 10 and Windows 11 show normal results 90/90. One of the two troubled computers is...
  3. Windows 10 internet upload issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 internet upload issue: Google speed test on my wired desktop and another one also using Windows 10 shows 90 MPS download and 1 MPS upload speed while other boxes on the same home network running both Windows 10 and Windows 11 show normal results 90/90. One of the two troubled computers is...
  4. Windows 10 internet upload issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  6. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  7. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

8. Big Problem With Upload ftp with software like filzella or another on Windows but not...

Big Problem With Upload ftp with software like filzella or another on Windows but not...: hello.about 1 year have this problem.i have 2 station. one is windows 10 build 19042 and other is mac os.i have 2 tablet and 2 phone with 4G and 4.5G.use tablet and phone like wifi hotspot and use tethering usb.when use browser for upload nothing problem but when use any ftp...
  9. Windows firewall problem uploading files to server with ftp client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall problem uploading files to server with ftp client: Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes (10-15) and after that file upload finish and upload stopping. Messages...
  10. Filezilla and any FTP software having slow upload and download windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filezilla and any FTP software having slow upload and download windows 10 Pro: Hello I have windows 10 pro latest updated at 20 Feb 2019. I have 100 MBPS Lease line. When i download through normal browser (Firefox or IE) download do not go beyond 150 to 200 Kbps rate. I daily use Filezilla FTP and over there rate is 200 to 250 Kbps. I have already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upload ftp 0 kbps

2. windows 10 FTP issues