Windows 10: Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue

Discus and support Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Sorry I’m not very experienced with this topic. As the title suggests, I created a self signed certificate and set up a ftp over ssl with port 21... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancoPolato, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue

Hi,Sorry I’m not very experienced with this topic. As the title suggests, I created a self signed certificate and set up a ftp over ssl with port 21 explicit. Than forwarded the 21 port in my router and assigned an external one. I’m able to connect to it locally, with the pc I created the certificate with but as soon as I try to unse my public dns provided from my fritzbox router an message appears on filezilla: Hostname does not match certificate. If I try to connect remotely without certificate it works fine, but it’s insicure. I tried to play around with “external ip of firewall” without

:)

FrancoPolato, Aug 28, 2021
  2. UmeshXE Win User

how to call HTTPS having self signed certificate in windows phone?

Hi All,

I am trying to call HTTPS from windows phone 7.5 application.Though it is called successfully for
    HTTPS having certificate from trusted source like VeriSign,but it is returning an exception that remote server not found error for
    Self Signed Certificate.I have installed my self signed certficate in the device sending it by mail and called HTTPS like HTTP,but it didn't work.

So can anyone suggest how to call HTTPS having Self Signed Certificate?Whether it is possible or not for
    Self Signed Certificate?

Thanks.

UmeshXE, Aug 28, 2021
  3. How to add self-signed certificate to my PC?

My PC is Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have Edge and Chrome browsers installed.

I installed my firewall's Certificate Authority into the windows certificate store by going to MMC, adding Certificates, and adding it to the Trusted Root CA. I now see my firewall root CA as (firewallCA).

Now I created a CNAME in my DNS to access my firewall as fw.example.com which only resolves internally. I then generated on my firewall a self-signed certificate. Once created, I downloaded the certificate and also added it to the MMC->Certificates.

I can now open IE or Edge and go to https://fw.example.com and not get a certificate error. However, if I use Chrome, I still get the error. I went to the Chrome advanced settings and see the firewallCA listed, but not the self-signed cert. I guess I have to add it manually, but I want it to apply to any user on this PC. How can I add the self-signed cert to Chrome for all users?

throwmedowntheriver4444, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue

1. Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue - Similar Threads - Ftps self signed

2. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...: Statement of the Problem: An invalid self-signed CA certificate which all browsers says it's using, can't be found by standard Windows tools so it can be removed.Background: I have a small self-hosted environment in Docker on Windows 10. I've identified a bogus CA certificate...
  3. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...: Statement of the Problem: An invalid self-signed CA certificate which all browsers says it's using, can't be found by standard Windows tools so it can be removed.Background: I have a small self-hosted environment in Docker on Windows 10. I've identified a bogus CA certificate...
  4. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM: Good evening folks,I'm currently exploring making a USB software stick created with MECM more secure by password protecting it and assigning the self signed certificate during the task sequence standalone media creation which lets it expire. I've searched quite a bit and...
  6. Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM: Good evening folks,I'm currently exploring making a USB software stick created with MECM more secure by password protecting it and assigning the self signed certificate during the task sequence standalone media creation which lets it expire. I've searched quite a bit and...
  7. Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 News
    Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script: Hello everyone, I’m Preston K. Parsard, specializing in Platforms, Azure Infrastructure and Automation topics, and I’d like to share some insights for securing PowerShell credentials using certificates. This post is based on a recent customer project, but we’ll also wrap a...
  9. How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?: About self-signing drivers: check in with Fernando (Dieter, the owner/operator) at Win-RAID.com. He's been doing that for years because of all the driver mods he posts on his site. Once you load his certificate, you can also load and use any of his drivers. It's a fair amount...
  10. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

in Windows 10 Support
    Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update: Morning all, annoyingly Windows decided to update itself over the weekend and rebooted my PC. This also happened with a few other work PCs and left users unable to login for an hour while it forced the update on us. Luckily we only have a handful of Win 10 PCs and decided...