Windows 10: Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions

Discus and support Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [Windows Version 10 Pro, on latest update] At first I was getting an error related to this after my computer crashed completely while trying to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ghostlander, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions

[Windows Version 10 Pro, on latest update]

At first I was getting an error related to this after my computer crashed completely while trying to play an online game:

Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions [​IMG]

I followed a guide to fix permissions (backed up original reg) and it was working for a little while, but during the game, the computer once again crashed completely. So I went to event viewer again, and the only events that were yellow or red were these now:

So I have no idea how to fix this overall issue, and I dont wanna keep going down an editing rabbit hole if it's going to make other errors pop up in a chain I just can't fix.

:)

Ghostlander, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 8, 2020
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application

Hello Rob,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “SE. Mohammed” replied on June 2, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 2012

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Cathy Kong” replied on May 12, 2010 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for replying back.

Please visit the link mentioned below and follow the instruction:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link:

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to set the security permission using the Component Services administrative tool:

• Press Windows key + R> type dcomcnfg >
      expand Component Services > Computers >
      My Computer
      > DCOM Config.
    • Click View > Detail > Now you will get Application Name and Application ID in right side.
    • Scroll down and find the Application ID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}>
      Right Click Properties and select the Security tab.
    • Click Customize under "Launch & Activation Permission" -> Click
      Edit -> Add in the account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (SQL Server Distributed Replay Client) and set
      local launch and local activation.
    • Restart the application Service linked to this Application ID or restart the server and monitor.

Please get back to us with an update of the issue.

Thank you.

Abhraneil Ghosh, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions

1. Full Computer Crashes related to application-specific permissions - Similar Threads - Full Computer Crashes

2. Permission related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission related: Can anybody tell me what is created owner permission in windows properties, does it a build in permission of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-related/9804b6e1-331d-4a59-b291-5f41ca592c8d
  3. Permission related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission related: Can anybody tell me what is created owner permission in windows properties, does it a build in permission of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-related/9804b6e1-331d-4a59-b291-5f41ca592c8d
  4. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...: Anyone able to translate the M$oft-ese jibberish [below] into actual, comprehensible English? Showing up in EventViewer immediately after launching VLC media player & connecting headphones to PC appears to have prompted PC crash/re-start or possibly unrelated?M$ doc cited by...
  5. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: Hello,I'm desperate for help. About 2 weeks ago I've been experiencing black screens while playing Lost Ark which uses Easy Anti Cheat. These black screens require me to restart my computer. I've been checking the event viewer for possible causes and one error always shows...
  6. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: Hello,I'm desperate for help. About 2 weeks ago I've been experiencing black screens while playing Lost Ark which uses Easy Anti Cheat. These black screens require me to restart my computer. I've been checking the event viewer for possible causes and one error always shows...
  7. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...: Computer tries to boot twice into windows, and on third try runs and unsuccessful repair, and ask to restart or troubleshoot. If I go to troubleshoot then command prompt, run chkdsk on my system drive, it finds no errors to repair but successfully boots afterwards. Here is...
  8. Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...

Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user mypc\Sly SID (----------------) from address...
  9. Assign a full keyboard to a specific application

Assign a full keyboard to a specific application: I connected a secound keyboard to my PC and it actet normally, like it should. Through the driver I assigned hotkeys with which I tried to contol OBS. The problem was, whenever I launched a game, this game blocked the hotkey and tried to execute it. So I wantet to know is...
  10. The "Application Specific" permission settings do not give "Local Activation" permission to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The "Application Specific" permission settings do not give "Local Activation" permission to...: Hi all, recently, my windows 2016 server with 2 SSD disks encountered problems after using recovery tool to do bare metal recover. I can launch windows normally. But some services failure. The error message is as follow: The "Application Specific" permission settings do...