Windows 10: Full copy of a hard drive?

Discus and support Full copy of a hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to make an entire copy of your Windows 10 hard drive installation with all existing programs so everything (and I do mean everything)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LumpyP, Feb 23, 2019.

1. LumpyP Win User

Full copy of a hard drive?

Is it possible to make an entire copy of your Windows 10 hard drive installation with all existing programs so everything (and I do mean everything) can be transferred to a new SSD drive?

:)

LumpyP, Feb 23, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Full copy of a hard drive? :)

dhdude, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Full copy of a hard drive?

little cat, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Full copy of a hard drive?

1. Full copy of a hard drive? - Similar Threads - Full copy hard

2. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  3. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  4. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying to External Hard Drive

Copying to External Hard Drive: I try to copy files to my external hard drives, the system goes through the procedure, but when I look where the files should be, only the folders are being copied. Why am I unable to copy to external drives and how can I do this?...
  6. Deleting Windows.edb and Copying Full Hard Drive

Deleting Windows.edb and Copying Full Hard Drive: Howdy y’all. My toshiba laptop has been haemorrhaging memory for years. No matter how I delete things or how much space I use it it’ll suddenly drop. I got to the point I wanted to figure out why so upon research I installed WinDirStat. I found my answer. 71gb is...
  7. hard disk drive is full

hard disk drive is full: I am trying to free up spaces in my c drive. It seems my outlook pst file occupies a lot of space. I am trying to clear it, but still don't solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive-is-full/90f1de05-270c-4c3a-8779-a30c0cf05194
  8. full hard drive

full hard drive: i have huge temp files appearing evry few minutes. most are AppXpackaging event logsas a consequence the computer hard drive is full and frozen. It fills up faster than I can delete the files. help there is also a text document referencing...
  9. External Hard Drive copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive copies: When I attach an external hard drive it displays two copies (e.g. Drive (E:)) the content is the same but when moving folders or files i have sometimes put them in different copies. I would like just one drive but how do i get rid of the copy?...
  10. Hard drive is full, but of what?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive is full, but of what?: I just reinstalled Windows 10 a week ago, because I was having all kinds of problems with a black screen. Maybe some of you read my post about my old boot disk coming up blank. But now I have the opposite problem: when I installed Windows 7 the second time, I used a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd ful copy

2. copy full copy of the harddrive