Windows 10: Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

Discus and support Full disk but I haven't added any files recently in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yw.l, Jan 24, 2023.

1. yw.l Win User

Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files on the Windows partition to begin with. Any advice?

:)

2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 24, 2023
  3. eidairaman1, Jan 24, 2023
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

1. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently - Similar Threads - Full disk haven't

2. Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer: This morning I noticed my recent files section on the home tab of the file explorer included a bunch of files I hadn't opened in months. They all appear to have been opened at the exact same time 5:55pm 5:54pm, 5:50pm, and 10 to 15 at a time have the exact same time stamp. It...
  3. Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer: This morning I noticed my recent files section on the home tab of the file explorer included a bunch of files I hadn't opened in months. They all appear to have been opened at the exact same time 5:55pm 5:54pm, 5:50pm, and 10 to 15 at a time have the exact same time stamp. It...
  4. I recently encountered a Microsoft support ad scam. How do I make sure I haven't been affected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently encountered a Microsoft support ad scam. How do I make sure I haven't been affected?: Hello,Recently, as I was browsing the internet, my browser suddenly sent me to a suspicious site with a bunch of popups saying that my PC was infected and to click here or call a number to get help. I did not click on anything and left the site as soon as I possibly could,...
  5. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full disk but I haven't added any files recently: I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files...
  6. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full disk but I haven't added any files recently: I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files...
  7. Why would a file I haven't opened be listed under Recent Files in File Explorer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why would a file I haven't opened be listed under Recent Files in File Explorer?: Why would File Explorer show a file name under Recent Files that I haven't opened? The file is from a deep folder tree so not an errant click on my part. I've run a full virus scan plus a remote scan and both check out okay....
  8. How do I undo recently added .reg files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I undo recently added .reg files?: So for some dumb reason Windows removed the "Auto Arrange" option. So I looked online for solutions and I found one that said download a reg file. With my galaxy brain I thought it would be great idea to install a file type that i didn't even know existed. After merging it it...
  9. Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?: 2 days ago, I had about 80gb free on my C drive. Today I have a little over 1gb.I don't think I've added anything that took up that much space... Is there any way to find out what happened??? submitted by /u/AlbinoEthiopian3 [link] [comments]...
  10. Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions: I am so frustrated that Windows 10 does not seem to have the "recent" options for locations to save/search for a file. I use a large folder system and am many layers deep in different locations throughout the day. I seem to be spending so much time drilling down to what I...