Windows 10: Full disk encryption software

Discus and support Full disk encryption software in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking to fully encrypt a few computers at the house (running Windows 10 Home Edition). It seems most companies out there sell only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hikerguy62, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Full disk encryption software

Hello, I'm looking to fully encrypt a few computers at the house (running Windows 10 Home Edition). It seems most companies out there sell only to enterprise customers. I need something simple (my wife will never agree to dealing with VeraCrypt. You feel my pain?).

I'm looking for something similar to what you see at work (i.e. you boot up and have to enter a "boot password", then a second password to get to your Desktop.

Thanks

Tom

submitted by /u/Hikerguy62
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hikerguy62, Jan 18, 2021
  2. jp_pt Win User

Encrypted Disk

Hi,

Thanks for help and response, Full disk encryption software :)

I think was bitlocker, but its strange because i I thought
    that encrypt all the disc as a whole, and if took the disk out, ok should be encrypted.

But i was logged in windows and copied the files , the same encryptiton persists in files too?

Or will be impossibel without the public key and the certainty of the software used?

Any forum that you suggest to ask some more help?

Regards

jp_pt, Jan 18, 2021
  3. modder Win User
    Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Jan 18, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

Full disk encryption software

Encrypted Disk

What good would encryption be if all you had to do to defeat it was copy the files? You copied files that were encrypted, and there is no way to decrypt them without the key.

JimWynne, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Full disk encryption software

1. Full disk encryption software - Similar Threads - Full disk encryption

2. Encryption Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption Software: I'm currently looking for software that will encrypt a user account on Windows. For example, I have VeraCrypt that encrypts my whole system partition but I would like a program to encrypt individual user accounts and unlock after the person logs in with Windows Hello. 183655
  3. FULL Disk Encryption with Plausible Deniability

FULL Disk Encryption with Plausible Deniability: Is there a solution to obtain full disk encryption with plausible deniability in windows 10 using bitlocker? And a solution to store the required bootloader externally in a usb stick? full disk encryption with plausible deniability means a fully encrypted operating system...
  4. Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...: I’m part of a Microsoft 365 Home family plan. Is there any way to implement full disk encryption using Bitlocker in this scenario? Or is Bitlocker FDE exclusively available to Windows 10 Pro editions? Device encryption isn’t enough for my use case - I need to be able to...
  5. Windows 10 Home full disk encryption questions

Windows 10 Home full disk encryption questions: I have a laptop with a built-in Windows 10 Home OEM license, but I upgraded it to a Pro retail key I purchased to enable Bitlocker with boot up PIN support. Now I need to make a Windows 10 vm, so I am considering reformatting my laptop back to W10 Home and using my retail...
  6. Moving software User Folders onto an encrypted Disk...

Moving software User Folders onto an encrypted Disk...: HI I've a laptop with two SSds. I'm considering relocating the User and Documents folders (as per the direction of this thread Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10) off the C: onto the D: drive and then encrypting the D:. Does anyone know if this could cause an issue...
  7. Windows 10 Home Laptop with built in full disk encryption

Windows 10 Home Laptop with built in full disk encryption: Are there any Windows 10 Home Laptop which have built in windows 10 based FDE? - I don't want to use a third party software to encrypt but was looking for an in-built windows solution - I know that Windows Pro has BitLocker but Windows 10 home doesn't. I also read some...
  8. TPM and Full disk encryption

TPM and Full disk encryption: I have a new laptop (Lenova Yoga 730-13) with Windows 10 Home edition installed. It also has TPM for encryption. My question is this: Does TPM mean that I have Full Disk Encryption or do I need to upgrade to the professional version of Windows in order to achieve this?...
  9. disk encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk encryption: i have encrypted my usb drive using bitlocker. but it wont open using the password and the recovery key. how can i decrypt it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-encryption/f881c6c3-b809-4c51-ac4b-d3ec9d79fcce
  10. Encryption software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encryption software: Not a national security issue, but I have a couple of files that I'd like to encryption so casual users, like a friend a my party who wants to search the web for something, would not see it accidentally. Preferably something free and easy to use. Any suggestions?