Windows 10: Full factory reset on my HP laptop

Discus and support Full factory reset on my HP laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I factory reset My HP laptop? It wont install the new updates. I need to wipe it clean. Then let Windows update. It tells me unable to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robinchurch1, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Full factory reset on my HP laptop

How do I factory reset My HP laptop? It wont install the new updates. I need to wipe it clean. Then let Windows update. It tells me unable to update not enough storage well I dumped everything that I could still wont update. I had a Accer several years ago. but it had the factory reset in it settings. My HP is set up different. I cant up grade to windows 11 until I do a factory reset

:)

robinchurch1, Sep 20, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Sep 20, 2020
  3. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 20, 2020
  4. tommo Win User

Full factory reset on my HP laptop

HP laptop reset

Thanks all,HP recovery manager was installed until I reset win 10 due to issues I was having,not sure that any of the options in Recovery would put the laptop back to factory settings with Win 7, if I could be 100% sure I would probably go ahead as I have a Desktop and another HP laptop,HP Recovery manager has an option to restore the system to factory state but Win 10 Recovery doesn't seem to have that option, maybe best to leave well alone as I don't want to mess the laptop up completely.Thanks again

tommo, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Full factory reset on my HP laptop

1. Full factory reset on my HP laptop - Similar Threads - Full factory reset

2. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  3. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  4. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop: I recently factory reset my laptop and upon reinstalling windows 8.1 or 10 I'm completely lost as to which one it has come up with an error message. The error message reads “the computer has unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed....
  6. Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop: I recently factory reset my laptop and upon reinstalling windows 8.1 or 10 I'm completely lost as to which one it has come up with an error message. The error message reads “the computer has unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed....
  7. how to factory reset hp laptop help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to factory reset hp laptop help: i cannot factory reset my hp scarlet laptop i recently purchased. it seems alot of my personal information and email/social media/iphone and now hp arent acting properly and i believe my devices are being hacked and my information skewed...
  8. Factory Resetting my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Resetting my laptop?: The main issue is that my Lenovo laptop's speakers no longer work because a pseudo-IT Dude at my high school didn't actually know how to fix it and wound up using up even more space on my drive with who knows what. On top of that installed drivers that don't work. So:...
  9. My Hp laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hp laptop won’t factory reset: Im wanting to factory reset my Hp laptop so that i can sell it, but im having issues.When i get to the ‘Reset this PC’ I clicked everything i need to but even after leaving it to reset overnight, it still wont reset. Ive tried several times but it still takes hours each time....
  10. Factory Reset on my windows 10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset on my windows 10 hp laptop: I just bought this laptop & in set up I skipped the password I synced my google acct & got locked out need to reset it plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-on-my-windows-10-hp-laptop/3077cda5-d090-4198-99e4-de07c2a4a8c1