Windows 10: Full-featured trackpad middle button?

Discus and support Full-featured trackpad middle button? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There is a setting to turn three-finger tap/click to act as a middle click. But it's awkwardly castrated which twists my head many years. Ok, I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OrlowAnri, Mar 30, 2022.

1. OrlowAnri Win User

Full-featured trackpad middle button?

There is a setting to turn three-finger tap/click to act as a middle click. But it's awkwardly castrated which twists my head many years. Ok, I can click - why can't I drag???This makes any use of a CAD software, or even Resolve, anything which needs a basic but proper middle mouse button to work simply impossible without a standalone mouse. THAT. IS. IDIOTIC.As a user with a tunnel syndrome mouse usage hurts my hand I always use trackpad, even working with CAD. I always had such option on basic Synaptics trackpads. And now - I can't. ****? Would this ever be solved finally so we get a PROPE

:)

OrlowAnri, Mar 30, 2022
  2. MrBrody Win User

Alternative to Autohotkey to Middle click and drag on a trackpad with Windows 10?

I have a typical 2017 Ultrabook, the Yoga 910. It has a trackpad with no separate buttons; bottom left portion of the trackpad is left click, bottom right is right click. There is no region of the trackpad for middle click.

This is a "precision" trackpad, so I have the native windows 10 menu for defining 2-, 3-, and 4-finger gestures. In this menu, you can define 3-finger click as being a middle mouse button click.

The problem is, I use my laptop for 3D modeling and physics simulation, and those programs (like Solidworks) make extensive use of middle-click+drag to perform critical functions. That behavior can be changed in Solidworks specifically, but not other software.

I know of Autohotkey but it does not seem that reliable; I also use my laptop in suburban trains where you can't always have a flat surface to put a usb mouse on, so USB mouse is not a complete solution either.

So, is there an alternative to autohotkey to emulate middle click + drag reliably in windows 10 with precision trackpads? Some 3rd party app that would replace and extend the windows 10 trackpad menu, perhaps?

As a side note, an absence of alternative here would be the single reason that might force me into buying a heavy Thinkpad P51 over a lightweight and powerful Gigabyte Aero 15X. Just, because of that missing middle mouse trackpad button. Ultrabook/Workstation manufacturers that are targeting an engineering customer base, please, dwell on that. Those trackpad buttons are just 1-2 cm3 and a few grams, they will fit, and double the workflow speed when doing 3D stuff in mobility.

Thanks a lot for your help!

MrBrody, Mar 30, 2022
  3. laptop trackpad not working after windows 10 upgrade

the Toshiba website has no windows 10 listing of drivers for my model p50w-b00f (yet).

The trackpad on/off button does nothing.

note: the trackpad does work while booting. the little circle on black screen.

SueConaghty, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Full-featured trackpad middle button?

Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems

My mouse buttons and trackpad stop working randomly. I can move my pointer, but I cannot click or tap anything. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds to work again and other times it doesn't so I have to shut down my computer. I've tried updating my trackpad
    as support suggested, but it didn't work. Also, my computer will randomly right click and I won't even be touching the computer.

Katie Watson, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Full-featured trackpad middle button?

1. Full-featured trackpad middle button? - Similar Threads - Full featured trackpad

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Trackpad buttons reversed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad buttons reversed: I had my trackpad buttons reversed after a windows update i don't remember which but when i login into admin account the buttons work correctly is there any way to take that driver from admin and apply it here in my microsoft account that is i don't have a local account but a...
  5. Trackpad buttons reversed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad buttons reversed: I had my trackpad buttons reversed after a windows update i don't remember which but when i login into admin account the buttons work correctly is there any way to take that driver from admin and apply it here in my microsoft account that is i don't have a local account but a...
  6. Trackpad buttons reversed

7. Full-featured trackpad middle button?

Full-featured trackpad middle button?: There is a setting to turn three-finger tap/click to act as a middle click. But it's awkwardly castrated which twists my head many years. Ok, I can click - why can't I drag???This makes any use of a CAD software, or even Resolve, anything which needs a basic but proper middle...
  8. Full-featured trackpad middle button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full-featured trackpad middle button?: There is a setting to turn three-finger tap/click to act as a middle click. But it's awkwardly castrated which twists my head many years. Ok, I can click - why can't I drag???This makes any use of a CAD software, or even Resolve, anything which needs a basic but proper middle...
  9. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...
  10. Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems

Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems: My mouse buttons and trackpad stop working randomly. I can move my pointer, but I cannot click or tap anything. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds to work again and other times it doesn't so I have to shut down my computer. I've tried updating my trackpad as support...