Windows 10: Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine

Discus and support Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So, I'm interested in wiping (i.e. format) my entire harddrive and doing a fresh Windows 10 install on the computer. I've already burned a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Windows_Dude, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine

Hello,

So, I'm interested in wiping (i.e. format) my entire harddrive and doing a fresh Windows 10 install on the computer. I've already burned a Windows 10 installation ISO onto a dvd, but I'm wondering if a full install of Windows 10 works on an Acer laptop that was originally a Windows 8 machine upgraded to Windows 10? I still have my Windows 8 key that came originally with the Acer laptop. My Acer laptop was upgraded to Win 10 dureing the free upgrade period in 2016. Thanks.

:)

Windows_Dude, Jul 26, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine

1. Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine - Similar Threads - Full Install Upgraded

2. Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade: so i let my buddie borrow my old pc that i use for audio editing and he upgraded it to windows 10 without telling me, i tried reinstalling windows 7 but i got an error code 0x6, im so confused as to what the problem is and i cant figure it out, its an old hp omen desktop...
  3. Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install windows 7 on windows 10 machine after accidental upgrade: so i let my buddie borrow my old pc that i use for audio editing and he upgraded it to windows 10 without telling me, i tried reinstalling windows 7 but i got an error code 0x6, im so confused as to what the problem is and i cant figure it out, its an old hp omen desktop...
  4. Windows 10 Install on Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Install on Virtual Machine: I just purchased a license for Win 10 Pro to install on a Virtual Machine hosted on a new Dell Laptop running Win 11 Pro. The Microsoft website did not allow me to buy a Win 11 License/product key, which would have been preferred since I plan to use this VM to test Win 11...
  5. Windows 10 Install on Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Install on Virtual Machine: I just purchased a license for Win 10 Pro to install on a Virtual Machine hosted on a new Dell Laptop running Win 11 Pro. The Microsoft website did not allow me to buy a Win 11 License/product key, which would have been preferred since I plan to use this VM to test Win 11...
  6. Windows 10 Install on Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How do I set up a Virtual Machine in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-virtual-machine-in-windows-10/c3a94127-bdd5-46cd-b220-3e754f0e4bc9
  8. Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.: This is an interesting one, and I am not certain it is a Windows 10 issue, just looking for advice. A friend of mine has a machine that I upgraded to windows 10, you know, that whole - you only have a few weeks left to get a free upgrade bit. Seemed like good advice at the...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?

Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?: I had windows 8.1 pro original dvd installed on my system. Then I upgraded free to windows 10. Now I want to make a new clean installation of windows 10 without keeping old files and directories and apps on c:\ So I downloaded the Microsoft windows 10 media creation...
  10. Cloning an installation to a different machine after upgrading

Cloning an installation to a different machine after upgrading: I have a few laptops, all of them are the same specs except for a few with a different GPU. All of them run the exact same software. I'm planning to upgrade them all manually to 10 first to register the machine, then create an image so in case a drive goes belly up, I'll just...