Windows 10: Full Link Speed but Half download speeds!

Discus and support Full Link Speed but Half download speeds! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a peculiar issue with wifi on Windows 10. My computer shows a wifi link speed of 270 Mbps and i have tested the same by sending huge files over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shobhitk, Feb 17, 2016.

1. shobhitk Win User

Full Link Speed but Half download speeds!

I have a peculiar issue with wifi on Windows 10. My computer shows a wifi link speed of 270 Mbps and i have tested the same by sending huge files over my network. Now the issue is that i strongly believe that something in Windows 10 is throttling the internet speeds drastically. I am only getting half of the subscribed download speeds on my Windows 10. I have other devices/phones connected to the same wireless network and they are getting full speeds!

I have tried several things but i am unable to achieve full download speeds on my Windows 10. This has been affecting me for the past around 15 days. Prior to that things used to be normal.

Any clue guys? Because if nothing works then i may have to downgrade to Windows 7 *Sad

Thanks

:)

shobhitk, Feb 17, 2016

2. Task manager shows incorrect RAM speeds...

It is actually a bug occurring primarily with many AMD boards. CPU-Z and bios will report accurate speeds (CPU-Z always will report half speed and thats correct) yet the task manager which usually reports full speed is reporting only half speed also.

Its a confirmed windows bug that is caused by the smbios info not being read right. It does not impact performance or memory allocation and microsoft reccommend using another software to measure speed.

MagikSeven, Feb 17, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Windows Experience Index score

Intel on chip graphics just aren't so good.. .that's why many laptops have a 2nd non-intel graphics card as the norm, or offered as an option. Even with graphics set to max performance it only occasionally blinks to full speed.... its almost always at
    half speed - if its locked at full speed it generates too much heat and uses too much current. Heat slows the cpu real function.

'Mike P, Feb 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Just because there is a hic-up, does not automatically mean that everyone who is running 10, needs to downgrade to 7. The first thing is to make sure that you have either the chipset manufacturer driver installed or the OEM driver installed. Also disabling the ability for Windows to automatically update device drivers, stops Microsoft Update from installing the drivers from Microsoft's repository.

Only way that you would have low download speeds, is either at the modem/Gateway, or going through a VPN, that is having issues. Any time you go about changing settings, it can make things worse, not better. The other can be third party security software that can cause limited speed. Last is a bad driver.

You can run Speedtest-cli from the Command Window and then upload the results. Also helps to know what the speed that you are paying for from your ISP, what ISP, model & mfg of Gateway/modem that you are connecting to if you are paying for service. If using a Public or Campus hotspot, speeds can be limited, so that not one user hogs all of the bandwidth.

Follow the instructions here to run speedtest-cli.py. Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth using speedtest.net |

You will also need to download and install the latest version of Python, that you can get from this link. Python Releases for Windows | Python.org

bro67, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Full Link Speed but Half download speeds! - Similar Threads - Full Link Speed

2. Download speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds: I'm not sure if it's normal but I receive 20mb/s but it only sends 2 to 3mb/s through etherbetWhat can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speeds/e36ed755-91f4-4d32-ab9d-421251c82653
  3. Download speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speeds: I'm not sure if it's normal but I receive 20mb/s but it only sends 2 to 3mb/s through etherbetWhat can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speeds/e36ed755-91f4-4d32-ab9d-421251c82653
  4. Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Speeds: Hello all!! I have been having an issue for months now and it has finally gotten on my nerves enough to ask. When I run a download speed test I am getting 239.45 Mbps download and 239.52 Mbps upload. But when I try and download files, games ext I am only getting upwards of...
  5. download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed: i use wireless as i cannot use ethernet where my pc is and on taskmanager it says i get 60mbps recieve but send at 500kbs and my download speeds on everything are under 10mbps on my pc but on xbox or playstation i get a solid 50mbps download. should i try my pc on ethernet to...
  6. download speed

download speed: i use wireless as i cannot use ethernet where my pc is and on taskmanager it says i get 60mbps recieve but send at 500kbs and my download speeds on everything are under 10mbps on my pc but on xbox or playstation i get a solid 50mbps download. should i try my pc on ethernet to...
  7. Internet speed drops to half

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  8. Half speed RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half speed RAM: Helo, so I have a new laptop with 2x DDR4 2400MHz, but CPU-Z says that I have NB Frequency of 600MHz and DRAM Frequncy of 400MHz. Is this Ok ? This would make my RAM half speed. submitted by /u/krystofdzoba [link] [comments]...
  9. cpu stuck at half speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu stuck at half speed: Hi everyone. This problem has been around for a while. I currently have a MSI gaming laptop, with the Intel processor i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz. My problem is that it is constantly locked at half speed, namely 1.4GHz, even during the xtu stress test when I have 100% CPU utilization....
  10. qBittorrent downloading only at half speed!?

qBittorrent downloading only at half speed!?: Hy, I dealing with this problem for few months now, and it drives me crazy *Banghead Tried everything, different settings for qbittorrent I find on other forums so far... no luck. Downloading with browser works great, downloading at maximum speed 4-5 MB/s. But with...