Windows 10: FULL PC RESET didn't remove D: drive

Discus and support FULL PC RESET didn't remove D: drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC had many problems such as connection problems and screen problems, so i decided to fully reset my PC. It reset, i did every setting how i wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NikodemDudek, Jul 29, 2021.

1. FULL PC RESET didn't remove D: drive

My PC had many problems such as connection problems and screen problems, so i decided to fully reset my PC. It reset, i did every setting how i wanted and checked on my drives. My C: drive was fully reset and all the personally downloaded/installed files were deleted. But my D: drive was still completely filled with the files i downloaded myself were still there. I thought i selected something wrong in the PC reset options so i checked everything again and reset my PC again. It was done, did everything again and checked my drives. My D: drive is still full. Can someone please help me and tell

:)

NikodemDudek, Jul 29, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 29, 2021
  3. J.C.Goh Win User
    PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition

My PC comes with Windows 10 installed in the C-drive with another partition D-drive for data storage. I did a backup to D-drive before doing a "Remove Everything" PC reset. However, all data in D-drive was also deleted. Why does PC reset also delete data
    in D-drive and how do I recover the D-drive data?

J.C.Goh, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Alex F Win User

FULL PC RESET didn't remove D: drive

How to delete D drive encrypted by Bitlocker without password or recovery key?

There's a Dell PC running Windows 10 in my office that a previous user had that they created an encrypted D drive with Bitlocker. The guy has left and nobody has proper contact with them.

I don't care about the data on the D drive I just want to delete the drive off the PC. Steps I have already taken are:

• Reinstall Windows
    • Reset the PC with the options "Remove everything" and "Only drives where windows is installed"

When I chose the option "All drives" I get an error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC".

Can anyone provide instructions on how to delete the D drive encrypted with Bitlocker?

Alex F, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

FULL PC RESET didn't remove D: drive

1. FULL PC RESET didn't remove D: drive - Similar Threads - FULL RESET didn't

2. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  3. Does resetting this pc effect d drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting this pc effect d drive: I have 2 drives in my PC c drive (SSD and windows drive) and d drive (HDD and used for games and stuff) if I reset my PC from the recovery settings will it delete files from the d drive or not? submitted by /u/pizzaking587 [link] [comments]...
  4. C drive full, Can't reset PC

C drive full, Can't reset PC: My local Disk C: has about 27GB of space, It only has around 2.3GB free after spending a long time deleting as many things as I could from this laptop. I noticed that the thing taking up so much space over 20GB is a folder labeled 'Windows', which I can't delete any files...
  5. D: drive full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive full: I keep getting message RECOVERY D: full. What do I have to do to clear uninstall unwanted files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-full/f3594a9e-5b13-4a6e-8813-0b1318adadfd
  6. Full D drive

Full D drive: My D disk is almost full and I am unable to empty it. It says there are no folders to show me and the contents are "Other". However, my C drive has almost nothing in it. I am getting constant reminders that D disk is almost full....
  7. Drive D: Seems to be full

Drive D: Seems to be full: I have transferred over 4000 pictures from my mini iPad to Windows 10. Now I can't access my documents on drive D: Is there anything I can do to remedy? Help Robert...
  8. Full Recovery(D:) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  9. Drive D is full

Drive D is full: How do I create more space in Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-d-is-full/80a57551-0dff-4b37-9112-3c468cf94f16"
  10. Local D Drive is full

Local D Drive is full: I keep getting an message saying my local D drive is full. Now my computer is running poorly. It shows all my space is taken by "misc". There is nothing on my computer except photos. I feel like it has something to do with an update but I don't know how to fix it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset didnt delete drivers