Windows 10: Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop

Discus and support Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some photo files on my desktop. I tried to crop and save as cropped in Photoshop, but I get the message the files don't exist. (see first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Al Berger, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Al Berger Win User

Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop

I have some photo files on my desktop. I tried to crop and save as cropped in Photoshop, but I get the message the files don't exist. (see first Screenschot) When I go out the folder and try to copy the files, I had to give Admin permission for each one to duplicate the files. I am using Windows 10 Pro and keep running into this sort of problem, mostly when trying to save files to C: Drive. It is my machine! I am the owner! Why the hell do I need permissions to do anything on the drive(s)? I am not working remotely and am the sole user and admin. I am the only one with permissions! NO ONE ELSE! NOT EVEN MICROSOFT!

How do I take back ownership of my Machine? How do I kick Microsoft out of my machine?

Then when I go in through Photoshop to make a new folder I get a message the folder doesn't exist. But I am in that folder, that according to the stupid machine, it can't find. (See second Screen Shot)

Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop 5870551a-033e-41c5-83c3-bd469b1e5b69?upload=true.jpg

Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop ca241113-556e-4841-bee2-89d1ccb282ce?upload=true.jpg

:)

Al Berger, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Orerockon Win User

File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files in the destination folder. One click, keep the old file and rename the new one, bam, done. Now, trying the same thing in Win 10, I get a really stupid box, Replace the files in the destination (same as the old), Skip these files (ditto), or Let me decide for each file (abotu the same, I don't have any Win 7 boxes to check). So I click on Let me decide... and a list of all the files comes up with checkboxes for each and every one, and two to select all the files in one or both folders. So now I have an extra step compared to Win 7, I have to check off these boxes, then continue. All I had to do is click on copy and rename the files in Win 7. Does anyone else think this is a really stupid and unnecessary complication of a really common thing to do in Explorer? More to the point, is there some setting that I can turn off, to let it replace or rename everything with one simple mouse click? I've tried the old Robocpoy and Rich Copy and they're not acceptable, even more steps that explorer.

Slightly related question: is there a fully featured alternative to file explorer (by that I mean everything that Win 7 File explorer could do)? Coupled with other "deimprovements" like destroying the insanely useful "recent files & folders" in the folder pane every save/save as menu in every program and replacing it with the fatally flawed "Quick Access" I'm wanting to ditch it altogether. It would be really special if we just could revert to the old File explorer and make life a heck of a lot easier.

Orerockon, Nov 24, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop

How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop

1. Full permission to copy or rename a file in explorer or in Photoshop - Similar Threads - Full permission copy

2. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  3. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  4. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  5. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  6. copy files with permission issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy files with permission issues: trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-with-permission-issues/ce5f122f-b974-4ddc-aeaf-6bdeeb085aff
  7. Renaming File in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming File in File Explorer: this is external USB drive when renamed Documents file after sync File explorer shows new name AsusDocuments210724 but when checked in command prompt it is still showing old name i'm puzzled. 183010
  8. Full permissions for all files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full permissions for all files?: Hi, currently having another issue. Excuse my little rant. There are two files I want to delete or rename. In this instance, it is because they are intro videos for a game off the microsoft store that take 2-3 minutes to watch each time the game loads before you get to the...
  9. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564
  10. File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying: Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files...